‘FIFA 15’ Updates on EA’s Decision for Coin Farmers, Traders and Pro Clubs Mode
By Gel Galang | August 25, 2014 12:41 PM EST
"FIFA 15," EA's upcoming football title, may start having clean games once it gets released on Sept. 23, following the publisher's post against coin farmers and traders.
Visitors walk past a placard of the "FIFA 15" video game featuring soccer player Lionel Messi at the Gamescom 2014 fair in Cologne August 13, 2014. The Gamescom convention, Europe's largest video games trade fair, runs from August 13 to August 17.
Xbox One News: Possible 24-Hour Free Games, 5M Approved Units In China And Continuing Resolution Issues
'Battlefield Hardline' vs. 'Destiny': Community’s Most Wanted for Competitive MP and New Trailer Revealed
It seems that cheaters will be getting a red card, according the EA Sports blog post, as EA reminds potential cheaters that there will be actions when engaging in dishonest play in any EA Sports FIFA tittles.
EA has identify a number of ways by which cheating happens in the "FIFA" experience, starting with the use of bots. Coin farming can be done using bots, which EA had found was even done at a rate of four times as many as human FIFA Ultimate team players can do combined. Coin buying and selling is also not authorized in FUT, and has been banned since February 2014.
This is why EA has already held a ban process, with Coin Buying & Promoting getting these offences: 1st Offence (warning via email and in-game message), 2nd Offence (FUT Club reset & FIFA points returned) and 3rd Offence (Permanent FIFA online ban). Those engaging in Coin Selling and Farming will immediately be given the red card and a graver punishment of permanent online ban for all EA games.
EA's main goal in doing this is to avoid future cheating in other aspects of "FIFA 15," including cheating on the FUT, Pro Clubs and FIFA Interactive World Cup.
Another change that gamers will experience, at least for those getting the PS3 and Xbox 360 version, is that they will be missing out on the Pro Club mode.
"We're very confident in the amount of innovation and depth we're delivering for FIFA 15 on PS3 and Xbox 360 but there are some things we couldn't do for FIFA 15 on PS3 and Xbox 360, either based on the limitations of these consoles, or our time and resources," said EA Sports in a statement quoted by Eurogamer.
Pro Clubs mode is supposed to allow players to create or join an existing club so players can participate in an 11v11 gameplay online.
While this mode won't be on the list for the PS3 and Xbox 360, there are still 11 modes to expect for the last-gen consoles:
- FIFA Ultimate Team
- Career Mode
- EA Sports Football Club
- Tournament Mode
- Online Seasons
- Online Friendlies
- Co-Op Seasons
- Skill Games
- Kick Off
- Practice Arena
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Facebook To Charge Users Of $2.99 Monthly Fee On November 1; Best Free Alternatives For Facebook
- 'World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Spoilers: 'WoD' In-Game Cinematics Revealed, Plus There's A Brewfest For The Horde And Alliance Players [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' What Players Can Expect Before November 18 Release Date
- Microsoft Promises A Better ‘Minecraft,’ Game To Come to Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- G20 Summit in Nov: No Consensus to Bar Russia, Putin Open to Attend in Australia