Canadian Adult Actress Sunny Leone Takes ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | August 25, 2014 11:46 AM EST
Adult movie actress Sunny Leone becomes the latest participant in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. The Canadian star, who is presently in India to pursue her acting career in the Hindi film industry, took up the challenge and posted the video on social media.
Liberal leader Justin Trudeau (R) dumps a bucket of ice water onto Liberal MP Sean Casey for the ALS ice bucket challenge during a break in the Federal Liberal summer caucus meetings in Edmonton August 19, 2014.
In the ice bucket challenge video posted on Leone's official accounts on various social networks, including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram; she says that she has been nominated by her family members. Along with her family, several of her Twitter fans also apparently nominated for the challenge. She says that she accepts the challenge. "So, here we go," she giggles. A bucket full of water, though difficult to understand the temperature, is poured on her head as she gets drenched. She does not waste much time in the 27-second video to nominate her choice for the challenge. She nominates Indian pop star Yo Yo Honey Singh. "You have 24 hours, baby," she says.
Leone's YouTube followers were apparently not happy with the challenge for some completely different reasons. Some of the users seemed to have expected Leone to perform the challenge in a much skimpier outfit. Some users wrote that she was expected to be in bikini or "at least expecting a see-through top" while doing this. Another user wondered if it was another adult movie actress who might have nominated her for the challenge. Leone's past as an adult film-star apparently had an influence over the users' comments. Some of the users asked others to show her respect for the dedication and hard work she put in to pursue a new career in India.
One user dissed Leone's efforts to take up the challenge as she was standing under the hard sun while performing it. Some complained that the bucket was too small. Some blamed it on poor camera work and bad lighting that hardly made it possible to have a closer look at the actress. Another user asked to stop performing the challenge as "some People are dying because of hypothermia." He asked to "plant a tree as a challenge."
International personalities who have already performed the challenge include Bill Gates, George W Bush and David Beckham, among several others. Leone, unlike many celebs, did not forget to mention where to donate for the cause.
Video Courtesy: YouTube/Sunny Leone
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date