Arsenal FC: Wenger Highlights Squad Strength Ahead of Besiktas Clash
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 25, 2014 11:14 AM EST
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is, thus far, satisfied with how his squad is performing, following a great comeback to make something out of Saturday's Premier League fixture against Everton.
The Gunners were seemingly going to drop 3 points with the way the first-half went, conceding goals at the 19th and 45th minute.
Arsenal's coach Arsene Wenger is pictured during the first leg of their Champions League qualifying soccer match against Besiktas at Ataturk Olympic stadium in Istanbul August 19, 2014.
However, they showed great composure and concentration after the restart from which they were rewarded with an Aaron Ramsey effort at the 83rd minute, before Olivier Giroud delivered the screamer before injury time.
Wenger was all praises for his French hitman, whom he believes could surpass his output from last season.
"He scored 16 [in the Premier League last year] and he's very convincing," the 64-year-old mentor told Arsenal.com.
"You never have to set any limitations for any player. For me, he's improving every year and don't rule it out that he scores 25."
While the former AS Monaco manager believes that keeping their record unscathed ahead of their Champions League play-off return-leg against Besiktas is crucial, he knows that his personnel upfront has much quality to get the job done.
"It is a big confidence boost for us because you wonder if it will be a repetition of last season," he added.
"We need a good performance. We have Besiktas at home and the task is clear for us - to win the game. At home I believe we can do it if we play with the same spirit."
"We have Sanogo who will be an important asset, we have Giroud, we have Lukas Podolski, we have Joel Campbellwho can play centre forward. We have Alexis and Walcott coming back. Let's not forget that."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports