‘The Best of Me': Five Things To Know About The New Nicholas Sparks' Movie, A Love Story For Paul Walker Before His Tragic Death [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | August 25, 2014 11:02 AM EST
Best known for his best-selling books like "A Walk To Remember" and "Message In A Bottle," Nicholas Sparks' "The Best Of Me" film adaptation is a certified tearjerker. Starring Hollywood heartthrob James Marsden and Michelle Monaghan, and two of the hottest young stars Liana Liberato and Luke Bracey, the upcoming movie has all the elements for another tear fest after "The Fault In Our Stars."
U.S. actor Paul Walker presents a creation from Colcci's 2013/2014 summer collection during Sao Paulo Fashion Week in this March 21, 2013 file photo.
So here are the five things to know about the new Nicholas Sparks' movie.
1. Set in 1984, "The Best of Me" tells the story of Dawson and Amanda, two former high school sweethearts who find themselves reunited after 20 years apart, when they return to their small town for the funeral of a beloved friend. Their bittersweet reunion reignites the love they've never forgotten, but soon they discover the forces that drove them apart twenty years ago live on, posing even more serious threats today," according to the film's synopsis.
2. Liana Liberato plays the young Amanda and Michelle Monaghan plays female heroin 20 years after, and the same thing with Luke Bracey and James Marsden. His second Nicholas Spark's' movie, the "X-Men" alum played a supporting in "The Notebook" but this time he gets to be the one to kiss the girl as the end.
3. A role that is supposed to be played by Paul Walker, James replaced the "Fast & Furious 7" actor after his tragic death last year. He was one of the two finalists for the role along with "Magic Mikes's" Joe Manganiello. A no stranger to crowd-pleasing sappy films, the actor got a busy movie schedule this year with comedy "Walk of Shame," thriller "The Loft" and dramedy "Welcome to Me."
4. Directed by Michael Hoffman, "The Best of Me" released its official trailer on June 6 and recently released its full trailer on Aug. 11. The film began its production in New Orleans, Louisiana on March 6 for a 42-day shoot.
5. Released by Relativity, the movie is scheduled to premiere on Oct. 17. Other cast of the film includes Sebastian Arcelus, Gerald McRaney, Jon Tenney, Rob Mello, Ian Nelson and Caroline Goodall.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop