Live Streamming of 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: When & Where To Watch
By Riza Ornos | August 25, 2014 9:34 AM EST
The 2014 MTV Video Music Awards is scheduled that was aired last Sunday night, Aug. 24, made history with Beyonce leading the pack of nominees. A year after Miley Cyrus' twerking performance with Robin Thicke and this year's VMA was another memorable event with chart-topping performance from various artists.
Singer Beyonce performs at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014. REUTERS/Toby Melville
"By design, each year we re-invent the VMAs so it feels uniquely fresh and stays on trend with today's culture and the growth and popularity of lyric videos made sense for the social category this year," according to MTV's SVP of Connected Content, Colin Ferns, in an interview posted on Hollywood Take. "We are excited that the category gives a nod to the evolution of music videos this year."
With eight nods, including one for Video of the Year, for her hit song "Drunk in Love" Mrs. Carter is reportedly going to make a statement about the never-ending issues about her marriage. It has been months since the controversial elevator scandal, but Beyonce and Jay Z never failed to make headlines about rapper's cheating allegations and the couple's open marriage.
Following Queen Bey's lead is Australian rapper Iggy Azalea and Eminem with seven nominations each. The "Problem" rapper is one of the newcomers for this year's award ceremony and she will be taking the stage with Rita Ora for the "Black Widow" performance. Recently, wrapping up with his "Monster Tour" with Rihanna, Eminem has to head Iggy for Best Collaboration from his work with "Umbrella" singer and her work Ariana Grande's "Problem."
"I am super anxious before these kinds of things because it is so nerve wracking", Grande revealed as she is set to perform "Break Free" during the red carpet event. "I am still not the best on the red carpet. That is still something that I am working on, but I am not as anxious anymore."
For the first time in MTV VMA history, Maroon 5 will be on the stage on Sunday for their debut performance. Another "The Voice" coach is up for an epic performance as Usher returns to the VMA stage for the first time since 2010. The presenters for the awards include Lorde, Taylor Schilling, Laverne Cox, Kim Kardashian, Demi Lavato, Gwen Stefani, Dylan O'Brien, Nina Dobrev, Jason Derulo and Uzo Aduba.
The 2014 Video Music Awards was aired live on MTV at 9 pm ET/PT at the Forum in Inglewood, Calif. The show's red carpet will be airing live at 6 pm PDT and fans can watch the show's live streaming behind-the-scenes video via the MTV's VMA Live Stream.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 'Arrow' Season 3 Updates: Oliver Queen And Team Go To Barry Allen's Central City (Spoilers)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Ramsay Bolton
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Best Buy,Target And Amazon Offer Huge Discounts On Tablets Like iPad Air 2, Shield Tablet, Surface Pro 3 And More