Live Streamming of 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: When & Where To Watch
By Riza Ornos | August 25, 2014 9:34 AM EST
The 2014 MTV Video Music Awards is scheduled that was aired last Sunday night, Aug. 24, made history with Beyonce leading the pack of nominees. A year after Miley Cyrus' twerking performance with Robin Thicke and this year's VMA was another memorable event with chart-topping performance from various artists.
Singer Beyonce performs at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014. REUTERS/Toby Melville
"By design, each year we re-invent the VMAs so it feels uniquely fresh and stays on trend with today's culture and the growth and popularity of lyric videos made sense for the social category this year," according to MTV's SVP of Connected Content, Colin Ferns, in an interview posted on Hollywood Take. "We are excited that the category gives a nod to the evolution of music videos this year."
With eight nods, including one for Video of the Year, for her hit song "Drunk in Love" Mrs. Carter is reportedly going to make a statement about the never-ending issues about her marriage. It has been months since the controversial elevator scandal, but Beyonce and Jay Z never failed to make headlines about rapper's cheating allegations and the couple's open marriage.
Following Queen Bey's lead is Australian rapper Iggy Azalea and Eminem with seven nominations each. The "Problem" rapper is one of the newcomers for this year's award ceremony and she will be taking the stage with Rita Ora for the "Black Widow" performance. Recently, wrapping up with his "Monster Tour" with Rihanna, Eminem has to head Iggy for Best Collaboration from his work with "Umbrella" singer and her work Ariana Grande's "Problem."
"I am super anxious before these kinds of things because it is so nerve wracking", Grande revealed as she is set to perform "Break Free" during the red carpet event. "I am still not the best on the red carpet. That is still something that I am working on, but I am not as anxious anymore."
For the first time in MTV VMA history, Maroon 5 will be on the stage on Sunday for their debut performance. Another "The Voice" coach is up for an epic performance as Usher returns to the VMA stage for the first time since 2010. The presenters for the awards include Lorde, Taylor Schilling, Laverne Cox, Kim Kardashian, Demi Lavato, Gwen Stefani, Dylan O'Brien, Nina Dobrev, Jason Derulo and Uzo Aduba.
The 2014 Video Music Awards was aired live on MTV at 9 pm ET/PT at the Forum in Inglewood, Calif. The show's red carpet will be airing live at 6 pm PDT and fans can watch the show's live streaming behind-the-scenes video via the MTV's VMA Live Stream.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy