Live Streamming of 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: When & Where To Watch
By Riza Ornos | August 25, 2014 9:34 AM EST
The 2014 MTV Video Music Awards is scheduled that was aired last Sunday night, Aug. 24, made history with Beyonce leading the pack of nominees. A year after Miley Cyrus' twerking performance with Robin Thicke and this year's VMA was another memorable event with chart-topping performance from various artists.
Singer Beyonce performs at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014. REUTERS/Toby Melville
"By design, each year we re-invent the VMAs so it feels uniquely fresh and stays on trend with today's culture and the growth and popularity of lyric videos made sense for the social category this year," according to MTV's SVP of Connected Content, Colin Ferns, in an interview posted on Hollywood Take. "We are excited that the category gives a nod to the evolution of music videos this year."
With eight nods, including one for Video of the Year, for her hit song "Drunk in Love" Mrs. Carter is reportedly going to make a statement about the never-ending issues about her marriage. It has been months since the controversial elevator scandal, but Beyonce and Jay Z never failed to make headlines about rapper's cheating allegations and the couple's open marriage.
Following Queen Bey's lead is Australian rapper Iggy Azalea and Eminem with seven nominations each. The "Problem" rapper is one of the newcomers for this year's award ceremony and she will be taking the stage with Rita Ora for the "Black Widow" performance. Recently, wrapping up with his "Monster Tour" with Rihanna, Eminem has to head Iggy for Best Collaboration from his work with "Umbrella" singer and her work Ariana Grande's "Problem."
"I am super anxious before these kinds of things because it is so nerve wracking", Grande revealed as she is set to perform "Break Free" during the red carpet event. "I am still not the best on the red carpet. That is still something that I am working on, but I am not as anxious anymore."
For the first time in MTV VMA history, Maroon 5 will be on the stage on Sunday for their debut performance. Another "The Voice" coach is up for an epic performance as Usher returns to the VMA stage for the first time since 2010. The presenters for the awards include Lorde, Taylor Schilling, Laverne Cox, Kim Kardashian, Demi Lavato, Gwen Stefani, Dylan O'Brien, Nina Dobrev, Jason Derulo and Uzo Aduba.
The 2014 Video Music Awards was aired live on MTV at 9 pm ET/PT at the Forum in Inglewood, Calif. The show's red carpet will be airing live at 6 pm PDT and fans can watch the show's live streaming behind-the-scenes video via the MTV's VMA Live Stream.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up