‘Orange Is The New Black’ Season 3 Update: Return Of Piper Chapman’s Friend From Season 2
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 25, 2014 3:28 AM EST
Lori Petty, who starred in the premiere episode of Season 2, has signed-on to star in "Orange is the New Black" Season 3. The actress made a brief appearance as Lolly, the inmate who befriended Piper Chapman [Taylor Schilling] on the transport plane, which was taking them to Chicago.
From left to right, actresses Uzo Aduba, Danielle Brooks, Laura Prepon, Laverne Cox and Natasha Lyonne pose with the Best Comedy Series award for "Orange Is the New Black" at the 4th annual Critics' Choice Television Awards in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014.
The Season 2 opening episode, "Thirsty Bird," of Netflix's original drama-comedy saw Piper being transported from her solitary confinement cell in Litchfield to a prison in Chicago. She was being taken to Chicago to testify against drug dealer Kubra, Alex's old-boss. In her introduction scene, Polly offered Vaseline -- she had stored the Vaseline in her ears -- to Piper to fight the dry conditions inside the plane. Later at the prison yard, when the inmates roughed-up Polly, Piper does not come to her rescue.
Entertainment Weekly [EW] reports that Petty is returning to reprise her as Loly. According to the report, Netflix has not revealed how her character will be weaved back into the story-line. It can be expected that she joins the inmates of Litchfield.
Meanwhile, three new actors are joining the colourful cast of "Orange is the New Season" Season 3. Mary Steenburgen, Blair Brown and actor-comedian Mike Birbiglia have signed-on to guest-star in the new season. There are no details yet about the characters that Brown and Birbiglia are going to portray in Season 3. Steenburgen has been roped-in to play Pornstache's mom. The entry of the mother will happen in the absence of the son, as Pablo Schreiber, who plays Pornstache, has confirmed that he will not be starring in Season 3.
Laura Prepon, who plays Alex Vause, is returning to star in every episode of "Orange is the New Black" Season 3. She did not appear as a series regular in Season 2 and appeared only in a limited number of scenes.
Dascha Polenko [Daya), Samira Wiley [Poussey], Selenis Leyva [Gloria], Nick Sandow [Joe Caputo] and Adrienne C. Moore (Black Cindy) have been promoted as series regulars.
"Orange is the New Black" Season 2 has earned 12 Emmy nominations, including for the show and multiple acting nominations. It is expected to bag more than a couple of awards on Monday, Aug. 25.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS