‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Stephen Moyer And Alexander Skarsgård Talk ‘True Blood’ Ending
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 24, 2014 4:04 PM EST
HBO's vampire drama series "True Blood" wraps-up on Sunday night with an episode titled "Thank You." The episode is likely to open with Bill and Sookie's conversation and perhaps end after addressing the question about Bill's fate and giving a happy ending to Bill and Sookie's love story, as they have often been reported as the end-game.
Cast member Stephen Moyer and his wife, and co-star, Anna Paquin pose at the premiere of the seventh and final season of the HBO television series "True Blood" in Hollywood, California June 17, 2014. The series debuts on June 22.
In the penultimate episode of "True Blood" Season 7, Bill revealed to Eric that he is refusing the cure because he wants to see Sookie happy. He asked Eric to have a talk with Sookie and convince her to take his call. At the end of the episode, Bill was standing in front of Sookie to explain why he is accepting death as his fate.
Speaking about the final episode "Thank You," Stephen Moyer, who plays Bill, said to The Hollywood Reporter [THR], "He's [Bill] going to see her [Sookie], because she deserves it and is owed it, to know what's been going on for him and why he is doing what he's doing. We sort of enter into the [final] episode right there."
The actor did not reveal whether Bill succumbs to Hep-V, which is accelerating at a crazy speed, or he gets a happy ending with Sookie. Stephen, however, told that he his wife Anna Paquin, who plays Sookie, said to Brian Buckner¸ showrunner of "True Blood," before the filming of the final season that they do not need to "tie up the Bill-Sookie love knot" and "if you don't feel like that's part of the show, we absolutely don't need for it to be that." Stephen and Anna were both okay with the idea of Sookie getting a happy ending with Alcide [who was killed] or Eric.
Meanwhile, Alexander Skarsgård, who plays Eric, has said that the ending of "True Blood" is the "saddest moment" of his career. He said to E! Online: "I was ready to move on creatively. I thought it was time, so I was sort of prepared for it, but I cried like a baby. It was so sad. The last couple of weeks leading up to my final scenes that I shot were extremely emotional. I'm already missing it."
"True Blood" Season 7 Episode 10, "Thank You," is set to tie-up all the narrative loose ends.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]