‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Stephen Moyer And Alexander Skarsgård Talk ‘True Blood’ Ending
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 24, 2014 4:04 PM EST
HBO's vampire drama series "True Blood" wraps-up on Sunday night with an episode titled "Thank You." The episode is likely to open with Bill and Sookie's conversation and perhaps end after addressing the question about Bill's fate and giving a happy ending to Bill and Sookie's love story, as they have often been reported as the end-game.
Cast member Stephen Moyer and his wife, and co-star, Anna Paquin pose at the premiere of the seventh and final season of the HBO television series "True Blood" in Hollywood, California June 17, 2014. The series debuts on June 22.
In the penultimate episode of "True Blood" Season 7, Bill revealed to Eric that he is refusing the cure because he wants to see Sookie happy. He asked Eric to have a talk with Sookie and convince her to take his call. At the end of the episode, Bill was standing in front of Sookie to explain why he is accepting death as his fate.
Speaking about the final episode "Thank You," Stephen Moyer, who plays Bill, said to The Hollywood Reporter [THR], "He's [Bill] going to see her [Sookie], because she deserves it and is owed it, to know what's been going on for him and why he is doing what he's doing. We sort of enter into the [final] episode right there."
The actor did not reveal whether Bill succumbs to Hep-V, which is accelerating at a crazy speed, or he gets a happy ending with Sookie. Stephen, however, told that he his wife Anna Paquin, who plays Sookie, said to Brian Buckner¸ showrunner of "True Blood," before the filming of the final season that they do not need to "tie up the Bill-Sookie love knot" and "if you don't feel like that's part of the show, we absolutely don't need for it to be that." Stephen and Anna were both okay with the idea of Sookie getting a happy ending with Alcide [who was killed] or Eric.
Meanwhile, Alexander Skarsgård, who plays Eric, has said that the ending of "True Blood" is the "saddest moment" of his career. He said to E! Online: "I was ready to move on creatively. I thought it was time, so I was sort of prepared for it, but I cried like a baby. It was so sad. The last couple of weeks leading up to my final scenes that I shot were extremely emotional. I'm already missing it."
"True Blood" Season 7 Episode 10, "Thank You," is set to tie-up all the narrative loose ends.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Update: Laurina Talks About Her Exit, Jessica’s Acting Background Revealed
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1