'The Blacklist': Liz, Agent Ressler Unlikely To Pair-Up Soon In Season 2
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 24, 2014 12:06 PM EST
"The Blacklist" Season 2 will see the deepening of Liz and Agent Ressler's relationship, but these two are unlikely to pair-up, immediately. Liz, however, is going to be there for him and support him.
Liz and Agent Ressler of "The Blacklist" started on a cold note, but as the Season 1 progressed they opened-up and started trusting each other. Their 'respective' relationships ended on a devastating note in the last season. Agent Ressler's girl was killed, while Liz's marriage turned out to be a sham. Liz's husband Tom Keen was revealed as a deadly imposter who was inserted in her life by Red's enemy, Berlin.
TV Guide reports that the producers want to first explore the character of Agent Ressler before putting Liz and him in the relationship bracket. John Eisendrath, the executive producer of the show, said to TV Guide that by spending more time to know the man, they will "him in emotionally vulnerable places."
"By putting him in those positions, it will give Liz an opportunity to reach out to him and support him in a way that will deepen their relationship," Eisendrath said.
TV Guide says that Agent Ressler's methods to cope-up with the death of his girl are likely to be a major "turn-off."
Meanwhile, there is much suspense surrounding the status of Tom: whether he is dead or alive. Liz shot him in the presence of Red, and as soon as he left the room, Liz went to check on Tom. The fake husband whispered something -- that Liz's father is alive -- and passed out. When police team came to the spot, there was no trace of Tom's body. This has triggered speculations that Liz may have saved Tom's life.
Just after Season 1 wrapped-up, Bokenkamp said to TV Guide that he hopes that Tom returns, as he loves the character and the actor playing it. However, he was not sure about how to "weave" him back in to Liz's life, as it "does feel like such a conclusion that this man entered her life, had a role to play and he's now gone."
"... There's something really compelling about the stories that we've been able to tell with him [Tom]. I'm hoping we can surprise ourselves with that," Bokenkamp told TV Guide.
"The Blacklist" Season 2 is scheduled to premiere on Sept. 22 in the U.S.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best