‘The Blacklist’ Season 2 Update: Premiere Episode Title, Liz And Red’s Relationship Mystery ‘Not’ To Be Revealed Soon
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 24, 2014 10:29 AM EST
"The Blacklist" Season 2 is scheduled to premiere on Sept. 22, 2014, with an episode titled "Lord Baltimore." The new season will continue with the episodic format, though Berlin is set to be the main antagonist of the new season. And, Red returns to face a "deadly international threat" in the first episode of the new season.
The first season of "The Blacklist" opened with the question about Red and Liz's relationship, and as the season progressed, new mysteries were added, including that of Tom and his association with Berlin. Some of the mysteries were resolved, but it is highly unlikely that the viewers will get to know the truth about Red and Liz's relationship any time soon. Collider has quoted Jon Bokenkamp, executive producer, as saying at the Comic-Con, "That question [Liz and Red's relationship] is central to the conceit of the show. We will continue to ask that question."
The last season ended with Berlin emerging as one of the deadliest enemy of Red. He was targeting Red's allies, interests and business, with a vengeance, and Red did not have much clue about him. It was revealed that Red surrendered to FBI and made a deal with them so that he could use their resources and men to hunt the unknown enemy who was set to destroy him. "The Blacklist" returns to reveal more about Berlin and the reason behind his actions directed at Red. It probably has something to do with his daughter and Red.
Meanwhile, Paul Reubens has signed-on to star in the upcoming season of "The Blacklist" as a guest-star. Entertainment Weekly (EW) has reported that he likely has a two episode story-arc and is playing the character called Mr Vargas.
The report describes Mr Vargas character as someone who is a "dapper, finicky 'muscle' who handles delicate situations in the criminal underworld."
"We're forgoing the bow tie and the bicycle, and it's going to be something totally different, and it's gonna be awesome," Jon Bokenkamp said to EW. "I'd say he's gonna shake things up a bit when he enters Red's orbit."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage