‘The Blacklist’ Season 2 Update: Premiere Episode Title, Liz And Red’s Relationship Mystery ‘Not’ To Be Revealed Soon
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 24, 2014 10:29 AM EST
"The Blacklist" Season 2 is scheduled to premiere on Sept. 22, 2014, with an episode titled "Lord Baltimore." The new season will continue with the episodic format, though Berlin is set to be the main antagonist of the new season. And, Red returns to face a "deadly international threat" in the first episode of the new season.
The first season of "The Blacklist" opened with the question about Red and Liz's relationship, and as the season progressed, new mysteries were added, including that of Tom and his association with Berlin. Some of the mysteries were resolved, but it is highly unlikely that the viewers will get to know the truth about Red and Liz's relationship any time soon. Collider has quoted Jon Bokenkamp, executive producer, as saying at the Comic-Con, "That question [Liz and Red's relationship] is central to the conceit of the show. We will continue to ask that question."
The last season ended with Berlin emerging as one of the deadliest enemy of Red. He was targeting Red's allies, interests and business, with a vengeance, and Red did not have much clue about him. It was revealed that Red surrendered to FBI and made a deal with them so that he could use their resources and men to hunt the unknown enemy who was set to destroy him. "The Blacklist" returns to reveal more about Berlin and the reason behind his actions directed at Red. It probably has something to do with his daughter and Red.
Meanwhile, Paul Reubens has signed-on to star in the upcoming season of "The Blacklist" as a guest-star. Entertainment Weekly (EW) has reported that he likely has a two episode story-arc and is playing the character called Mr Vargas.
The report describes Mr Vargas character as someone who is a "dapper, finicky 'muscle' who handles delicate situations in the criminal underworld."
"We're forgoing the bow tie and the bicycle, and it's going to be something totally different, and it's gonna be awesome," Jon Bokenkamp said to EW. "I'd say he's gonna shake things up a bit when he enters Red's orbit."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates