‘The Blacklist’ Season 2 Update: Premiere Episode Title, Liz And Red’s Relationship Mystery ‘Not’ To Be Revealed Soon
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 24, 2014 10:29 AM EST
"The Blacklist" Season 2 is scheduled to premiere on Sept. 22, 2014, with an episode titled "Lord Baltimore." The new season will continue with the episodic format, though Berlin is set to be the main antagonist of the new season. And, Red returns to face a "deadly international threat" in the first episode of the new season.
The first season of "The Blacklist" opened with the question about Red and Liz's relationship, and as the season progressed, new mysteries were added, including that of Tom and his association with Berlin. Some of the mysteries were resolved, but it is highly unlikely that the viewers will get to know the truth about Red and Liz's relationship any time soon. Collider has quoted Jon Bokenkamp, executive producer, as saying at the Comic-Con, "That question [Liz and Red's relationship] is central to the conceit of the show. We will continue to ask that question."
The last season ended with Berlin emerging as one of the deadliest enemy of Red. He was targeting Red's allies, interests and business, with a vengeance, and Red did not have much clue about him. It was revealed that Red surrendered to FBI and made a deal with them so that he could use their resources and men to hunt the unknown enemy who was set to destroy him. "The Blacklist" returns to reveal more about Berlin and the reason behind his actions directed at Red. It probably has something to do with his daughter and Red.
Meanwhile, Paul Reubens has signed-on to star in the upcoming season of "The Blacklist" as a guest-star. Entertainment Weekly (EW) has reported that he likely has a two episode story-arc and is playing the character called Mr Vargas.
The report describes Mr Vargas character as someone who is a "dapper, finicky 'muscle' who handles delicate situations in the criminal underworld."
"We're forgoing the bow tie and the bicycle, and it's going to be something totally different, and it's gonna be awesome," Jon Bokenkamp said to EW. "I'd say he's gonna shake things up a bit when he enters Red's orbit."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- AC/DC Angus Young and Brian Johnson on Troubled Drummer Phil Rudd’s Future With Them, Continuing Music Without Malcolm Young [VIDEO]
- After Estee Lauder, Kendal Jenner Now Bags Karl Lagerfeld Campaign In Less Than A Week
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced