Kendall Jenner Says Older Sister Kim Kardashian Is Perfect And Naturally Beautiful
By Christine Jane Caparras | August 23, 2014 7:18 PM EST
The Kardashian-Jenner clan has always been open about how close the family is and are also not afraid to talk about their conflicts. The youngest members of Bruce and Kris Jenner's brood of ten kids, Kendall and Kylie, have recently come out as celebrities in their own right and are slowly coming out of their older siblings' shadows. In a recent interview, Kendall talks about life in the spotlight and growing up with perfect sister, Kim Kardashian.
Kendall Jenner (L) and Kylie Jenner arrive on the red carpet to host the MuchMusic Video Awards (MMVA) in Toronto, June 15, 2014. REUTERS/Mark Blinch
"It's also hard when your sister is perfect at all times and is just like naturally beautiful." said Kendall when asked about growing up in the spotlight and being under pressure to look and act according to the Hollywood standard. In an interview with Du Jour magazine, Kendall and Kylie talk candidly about growing up in a celebrity family.
Kim is just one of the older sisters that the Jenner girls look up to with Kourtney and Khloe Kardashian also celebrities themselves thanks to the family's long-running reality TV show, "Keeping Up With the Kardashians." The girls clarify however, that they didn't just start their life under the flashing lights since the family shot to fame through reality TV. Kendall and Kylie have been walking red carpets since they were little because they are daughters of renowned Olympian Bruce Jenner. The sisters have been exposed to paparazzi and film cameras nearly all their life and know nothing else. Kendal jokingly comments that she doesn't forsee getting rid of the cameras in the near future because it's not exactly the worst job in the world.
Dealing with fame entails dealing with intrusion and constant criticism. Kylie shares that sometimes she comes out without thinking about looking good and regrets it later when she sees the photos. Kylie shares that it's lucky that they live in a gated community where the photographers can't get too close to their home. She further shares that because Kim lives with her and mom Kris Jenner at the moment while her own house is undergoing renovations, she is able to draw the paparazzi away from her younger siblings when she leaves the house first.
Growing up under the spotlight also exposed the sisters to the constant scrutiny from the public. Kendall shares that she found it strange that her sister Kylie had been accused of changing her whole face through plastic surgery.
The Jenner sisters now have careers of their own in the fashion and entertainment industry with collaborations for clothing and shoe lines out in the market. They are also now in demand to make appearances in various TV shows and photo shoots. The Du Jour feature includes an interview and a full photo spread shot by famous photographer Bruce Weber.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- AC/DC Angus Young and Brian Johnson on Troubled Drummer Phil Rudd’s Future With Them, Continuing Music Without Malcolm Young [VIDEO]
- After Estee Lauder, Kendal Jenner Now Bags Karl Lagerfeld Campaign In Less Than A Week
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced