Transfer News: Samuel Eto'o To Sign A One Year Deal Wth Liverpool FC
By Mohammad Sohaib | August 23, 2014 5:22 PM EST
The Cameron striker, Samuel Eto'o, will be on his way to Anfield if Liverpool is not able to strike a deal with Italian star Mario Balotelli. It will be a shocking move for many Anfield fans as Eto'o was seen at Chelsea last season, where he scored nine goals in 11 appearances. Jose Mourinho was reported to have called him an 'old man' in an interview to the French TV where he said, 'Eto'o is 32 years old, maybe 35, who knows?', as reported by Mail Online.
"The doctors confirm! I would probably not be able to play the match vs Croatia on Wed, june18th due to an injury on my knee causing me pain." - Samuel Eto'o
Eto'o had a Liverpool medical examination in Paris and is said to be on standby as the talks with Balotelli have not yet ended. Earlier, Balotelli arrived at Merseyside to complete a £16m deal. However, he left without making anything clear regarding the discussion. If the deal collapses, Eto'o would surely be the one to put an end to a striker hunt by Liverpool. Brendan Rogers would now be relieved to have someone to fill a gap left by the marquee striker, Luis Suarez. Eto'o's stay at Anfield, if he is able to strike a deal, will be a short one. However, it wouldn't be as risky as that of the "Bad Boy", Mario Balotelli.
Eto'o has been on the check list of Everton as well, however, he has preferred Liverpool because he wants to play in the Champions League. It will be a great chance for him to prove Jose Mourinho wrong.
Eto'o kicked start his career with Real Madrid's B team, but was loaned to different clubs. Mallorca turned out to be the platform that best showcased his talent. He scored a record 54 goals for the team in a season and helped them win in the Copa del Rey. He transferred at the end of that season to Barcelona. In the second season, he became the highest goal scorer in La Liga.
He has been Cameron's star player and has helped them qualify to the World Cup Finals by scoring vigorously in the qualifying rounds. A transfer to the Premier League is on the cards in the next few days.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best