Transfer News: Samuel Eto'o To Sign A One Year Deal Wth Liverpool FC
By Mohammad Sohaib | August 23, 2014 5:22 PM EST
The Cameron striker, Samuel Eto'o, will be on his way to Anfield if Liverpool is not able to strike a deal with Italian star Mario Balotelli. It will be a shocking move for many Anfield fans as Eto'o was seen at Chelsea last season, where he scored nine goals in 11 appearances. Jose Mourinho was reported to have called him an 'old man' in an interview to the French TV where he said, 'Eto'o is 32 years old, maybe 35, who knows?', as reported by Mail Online.
"The doctors confirm! I would probably not be able to play the match vs Croatia on Wed, june18th due to an injury on my knee causing me pain." - Samuel Eto'o
Eto'o had a Liverpool medical examination in Paris and is said to be on standby as the talks with Balotelli have not yet ended. Earlier, Balotelli arrived at Merseyside to complete a £16m deal. However, he left without making anything clear regarding the discussion. If the deal collapses, Eto'o would surely be the one to put an end to a striker hunt by Liverpool. Brendan Rogers would now be relieved to have someone to fill a gap left by the marquee striker, Luis Suarez. Eto'o's stay at Anfield, if he is able to strike a deal, will be a short one. However, it wouldn't be as risky as that of the "Bad Boy", Mario Balotelli.
Eto'o has been on the check list of Everton as well, however, he has preferred Liverpool because he wants to play in the Champions League. It will be a great chance for him to prove Jose Mourinho wrong.
Eto'o kicked start his career with Real Madrid's B team, but was loaned to different clubs. Mallorca turned out to be the platform that best showcased his talent. He scored a record 54 goals for the team in a season and helped them win in the Copa del Rey. He transferred at the end of that season to Barcelona. In the second season, he became the highest goal scorer in La Liga.
He has been Cameron's star player and has helped them qualify to the World Cup Finals by scoring vigorously in the qualifying rounds. A transfer to the Premier League is on the cards in the next few days.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS