Islamic State: ISIS Warns It May Blow Up Chicago or Washington DC
By Vittorio Hernandez | August 23, 2014 5:20 PM EST
After beheading American photojournalist James Foley and threatening to also decapitate another media man, Steven Sotloff, the extremist group Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) is threatening this time to blow up a city in the United States.
Citing a tweet by an apparent ISIS member a few weeks ago, the Epoch Times quoted the message which hinted:
"We are in your state
We are in your city
We are in your streets
You are our goals anywhere."
The tweet has two photos showing the Old Republic Building in Chicago and the White House in Washington, DC.
The choice of Chicago is because of the city being known among terror organisations as the home town of US President Barack Obama, according to CBS 2 security expert Ross Rice. He is an ex-FBI agent in Chicago.
However, in a security bulletin on Friday, authorities said there is no known threat to any city in the US.
But Republican Senator James Inhofe from Oklahoma said there is a potential terrorist attack in the US by ISIS, telling Fox, "We're in the most dangerous position we've ever been in as a nation."
He added, "ISIS, they are really bad terrorists, they're so bad even Al Qaida is afraid of them ... They're crazy out there and they're really rapidly developing a method of blowing up a major U.S. city and people just can't believe what's happening."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan