Islamic State: ISIS Warns It May Blow Up Chicago or Washington DC
By Vittorio Hernandez | August 23, 2014 5:20 PM EST
After beheading American photojournalist James Foley and threatening to also decapitate another media man, Steven Sotloff, the extremist group Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) is threatening this time to blow up a city in the United States.
Citing a tweet by an apparent ISIS member a few weeks ago, the Epoch Times quoted the message which hinted:
"We are in your state
We are in your city
We are in your streets
You are our goals anywhere."
The tweet has two photos showing the Old Republic Building in Chicago and the White House in Washington, DC.
The choice of Chicago is because of the city being known among terror organisations as the home town of US President Barack Obama, according to CBS 2 security expert Ross Rice. He is an ex-FBI agent in Chicago.
However, in a security bulletin on Friday, authorities said there is no known threat to any city in the US.
But Republican Senator James Inhofe from Oklahoma said there is a potential terrorist attack in the US by ISIS, telling Fox, "We're in the most dangerous position we've ever been in as a nation."
He added, "ISIS, they are really bad terrorists, they're so bad even Al Qaida is afraid of them ... They're crazy out there and they're really rapidly developing a method of blowing up a major U.S. city and people just can't believe what's happening."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up