Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 vs. LG G2 Mini Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 23, 2014 11:18 AM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 or the LG G2 Mini, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Muslim women take pictures of themselves with a Samsung Galaxy Grand smartphone in Jakarta, April 11, 2014. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd estimated that its January-March operating profit fell by 4.3 percent to 8.4 trillion won ($7.96 billion) as easing smartphone sales growth continued to weigh earnings down. REUTERS/Beawiharta
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 comes with a 5.25-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The LG G2 Mini comes with a 4.7-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels. The Grand 2 has a slight edge in this category with 280 ppi pixels display density compared to the 234 ppi pixels display density on the LG Mini.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 measures 146.8 x 75.3 x 8.95 mm and weighs 166 grams. The LG G2 Mini is smaller, narrower and comparatively lighter. The device measures 129.6 x 66 x 9.8 mm and weighs 121 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The LG G2 Mini is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. The device has 1.5 GB of RAM. The LG G2 Mini runs on the Android KitKat operating system and has 1 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, both the devices are about the same but the Grand 2 has a slight edge due to a better RAM.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.9 MP. The LG G2 Mini sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 comes with a Li-Ion 2600 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 17 hours on 3G. The LG G2 Mini comes with a Li-Ion 2440 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 16 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $359.95 and the LG G2 Mini 8 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $259.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
OnePlus One vs. Motorola Moto X Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- ‘Destiny’ New DLC For PlayStation And Xbox: Future Missions, Strikes And Raids Revealed
- Xbox One News: Windows 10 Hinted For Xbox One; Deals With Gold And Xbox One Counterfeits Detailed
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots