Beyonce & Jay Z Passing The Torch To Rihanna & Eminem, Monsters Tour A Big Hit
By Riza Ornos | August 23, 2014 11:15 AM EST
Rapidly becoming the newest hip-hip couple, Rihanna and Eminem recently kicked off their Monster Tour on Aug. 7, and since its premiere the two Grammy winners have been filling up stadiums with their explosive collaborations. Slowly following the footsteps of music's power couple, the two singers started their collaboration in 2010 with the hit song "I Love The Way You Lie."
Singer Rihanna arrives at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok
"They're rapidly becoming the first couple of hip-hop/pop, and even if they don't do a thing together in the future Eminem, 41, and Rihanna, 26, have made an indelible impact during the past four years," reports The Oakland Press.
Kick starting their tour just in time after Beyonce and Jay Z's "On the Run" tour wrapped up, the "Monsters" singers have an undeniable chemistry on stage and their four hit songs are enough evidence that they are destined to have more hits. "I love The Way You Lie" spent seven weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 and to top it all, it was nominated for five Grammy awards, including Song and Record of the Year.
"From flashy dancers to Eminem's hype man Mr. Porter, a theatrical movie trailer and fireworks, the hip-hop duo pulled out all the stops for their first sold-out concert at the Rose Bowl," according to Daily News. "But even with all the colorful lights and fanfare, Eminem and Rihanna's concert focused more on the music than anything else."
Sticking to what he knows best, Eminem performed his controversial and explicit hits while the "Umbrella" singer performed her radio smashes. The duo wowed the California crowd with their three-hour show and even covered Kanye West's hit song "All of the Lights."
Their first collaborative success led them to record "Numb" in 2012 and "Monsters" in 2013. Featured in Riri's "Unapologetic" album, "Numb" is not an official single but managed to hit the Top 15 on the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Digital Songs and landed N0. 16 on Billboard's Hot R&B Songs survey.
Featured on Eminem's "The Marshall Mathers LP 2," "Monsters" is the duo's second track for the rapper's album first written by singer Bebe Rexha for her own album. The song landed on the top spot in 12 countries and Billboard Hot 100 which made the hit song as the rapper's first ever No. 1 Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs hit.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft