Beyonce & Jay Z Passing The Torch To Rihanna & Eminem, Monsters Tour A Big Hit
By Riza Ornos | August 23, 2014 11:15 AM EST
Rapidly becoming the newest hip-hip couple, Rihanna and Eminem recently kicked off their Monster Tour on Aug. 7, and since its premiere the two Grammy winners have been filling up stadiums with their explosive collaborations. Slowly following the footsteps of music's power couple, the two singers started their collaboration in 2010 with the hit song "I Love The Way You Lie."
Singer Rihanna arrives at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok
"They're rapidly becoming the first couple of hip-hop/pop, and even if they don't do a thing together in the future Eminem, 41, and Rihanna, 26, have made an indelible impact during the past four years," reports The Oakland Press.
Kick starting their tour just in time after Beyonce and Jay Z's "On the Run" tour wrapped up, the "Monsters" singers have an undeniable chemistry on stage and their four hit songs are enough evidence that they are destined to have more hits. "I love The Way You Lie" spent seven weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 and to top it all, it was nominated for five Grammy awards, including Song and Record of the Year.
"From flashy dancers to Eminem's hype man Mr. Porter, a theatrical movie trailer and fireworks, the hip-hop duo pulled out all the stops for their first sold-out concert at the Rose Bowl," according to Daily News. "But even with all the colorful lights and fanfare, Eminem and Rihanna's concert focused more on the music than anything else."
Sticking to what he knows best, Eminem performed his controversial and explicit hits while the "Umbrella" singer performed her radio smashes. The duo wowed the California crowd with their three-hour show and even covered Kanye West's hit song "All of the Lights."
Their first collaborative success led them to record "Numb" in 2012 and "Monsters" in 2013. Featured in Riri's "Unapologetic" album, "Numb" is not an official single but managed to hit the Top 15 on the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Digital Songs and landed N0. 16 on Billboard's Hot R&B Songs survey.
Featured on Eminem's "The Marshall Mathers LP 2," "Monsters" is the duo's second track for the rapper's album first written by singer Bebe Rexha for her own album. The song landed on the top spot in 12 countries and Billboard Hot 100 which made the hit song as the rapper's first ever No. 1 Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs hit.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe