'Grey's Anatomy' Season 11 Spoilers: Jessica Capshaw Teases Fans, Calzona Trouble Persists
By Arlene Paredes | August 23, 2014 9:35 AM EST
Grey's Anatomy Season 11 premieres in a little over a month, and the show's actors are helping the fans cope with the last stretch of waiting. Jessica Capshaw joins her co-stars on Twitter in keeping fans posted. She does not drop solid hints on what happens next to Calzona, but creator Shonda Rhimes has hinted the couple's trouble persists.
"[Grey's Anatomy Season 11 filming is] off to a grand start! Some stuff to make you cry, some stuff to make you laugh & some super duper secret stuff. All in a day's work!" Jessica Capshaw said on Twitter just after the cast began filming a month ago.
What happens next to Calzona -- Jessica's Arizona Robbins and her wife Callie Torres (Sara Ramirez)? Jessica is not giving away spoilers on Twitter, but she has dropped hints in an interview with TVLine. Grey's creator Shonda Rhimes has also issued a Calzona overview in Grey's Anatomy Season 11.
"(L)et's paint a picture of where we would be really happy and then let's hope we go there and then get really happy," Jessica described Calzona's decision to buy a house, adding the couple is "making their way." However, the actress implied some Season 11 Calzona troubles when she added, "it's not uncomplicated."
"How could Arizona say, 'Yes, I could have a baby but I don't want to' and not feel like a Band-Aid for whatever is going on with their relationship?" Shonda pointed out, adding that the idea of surrogacy is an "opportunity for [Calzona] to finally explore everything that's wrong and whether or not they should be together at all or whether or not they want to be together at all."
Calzona has not been completely okay since the tragic plane crash in Grey's Anatomy Season 8 finale (2012). It remains to be seen whether Calzona issues will be part of "stuff to make you cry."
Here is a photo of Jessica together with Kelly McCreary (Maggie Pierce), Camilla Luddington (Jo Wilson), and Jerrika Hinton (Stephanie Edwards). No real teaser is offered to Twitter followers here, but the photo of them together makes more fans eager to see Grey's Anatomy Season 11.
Grey's Anatomy Season 11 premieres Sept. 25 8|7c on ABC. This premiere date is announced on ABC's website.
Related TV Stories, Episode Guides and Spoilers
Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Spoilers: Calzona Still on Shaky Ground, April's Baby Bump Gets Real, Karev vs Bailey Anticipated [READ]
'The Flash' 2014 Spoilers: 10 Things To Know About The New Superhero Series On The CW [Watch Trailer]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James