'The Flash' 2014 Spoilers: 10 Things To Know About The New Superhero Series On The CW [Watch Trailer]
By Arlene Paredes | August 23, 2014 8:39 AM EST
"The Flash" premieres in under three weeks on The CW. Barry Allen, portrayed by Grant Gustin, has appeared on "Arrow," which is opening its third season in the same week. Here are ten things to know about this new adaptation of another popular DC Comics character.
Cast member Grant Gustin attends a panel for The CW television series "The Flash" during the Television Critics Association Cable Summer Press Tour in Beverly Hills, California July 18, 2014.
The Flash 2014 on The CW, 10 Things To Know Featuring Some 'Arrow Connections'
Here is a round-up of scoop and information from various entertainment reports:
10. The actor playing Barry Allen played a bad guy in the FOX comedy, "Glee." Grant Gustin's Sebastian Smythe is the lead singer of the Dalton Academy Warblers in Season 3.
9. Barry Allen appeared in two episodes in Arrow Season 2. In Episode 8 ("The Scientist"), he quickly establishes a connection with Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards). In Episode 9 ("Three Ghosts"), he gives Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) a new mask as a farewell present.
8. Oliver Queen, aka The Arrow of Starling City, will appear in the pilot episode of The Flash.
7. Rickards' Felicity would show up in Episode 4 of The Flash.
6. Fans will enjoy two crossover episodes featuring Arrow and The Flash. Each show's Episode 8 will have both Barry Allen and Oliver Queen.
5. John Wesley Shipp, who played The Flash in the 90s on CBS, is playing Henry Allen, Barry's father on The CW.
4. Robbie Amell, cousin of Stephen Amell and a lead actor in the cancelled series "The Tomorrow People," is playing the role of Ronnie Raymond. In DC Comics, Ronnie is one half of Firestorm.
3. The CW has posted "In A Flash Trailer" on YouTube. Watch the clip below, or follow this link. Tom Cavanagh, who plays Dr. Harrison Wells in The Flash, makes a significant presence in the trailer.
2. Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg, who developed "Arrow" together (with Marc Guggenheim), are joined by Geoff Johns in developing The Flash.
WATCH: The Flash Trailer | The CW on YouTube | 'Run, Barry, Run!'
1. The Flash premieres Oct. 7 on The CW. The Arrow Season 3 premiere air date falls on the next day.
Related TV Stories, Episode Guides and Spoilers
'Arrow' Season 3 Spoilers, Update: Harley Quinn Hopes Still Up, Cassidy Alexa Thanks Fans for their 'Kindness and Friendship' [Exclusive]
'Suits' Season 4, Episode 10: 'This is Rome' Review; Spoilers and Cliffhanger Questions [Watch Promo Video]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 'Arrow' Season 3 Updates: Oliver Queen And Team Go To Barry Allen's Central City (Spoilers)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Ramsay Bolton
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Best Buy,Target And Amazon Offer Huge Discounts On Tablets Like iPad Air 2, Shield Tablet, Surface Pro 3 And More