'The Flash' 2014 Spoilers: 10 Things To Know About The New Superhero Series On The CW [Watch Trailer]
By Arlene Paredes | August 23, 2014 8:39 AM EST
"The Flash" premieres in under three weeks on The CW. Barry Allen, portrayed by Grant Gustin, has appeared on "Arrow," which is opening its third season in the same week. Here are ten things to know about this new adaptation of another popular DC Comics character.
Cast member Grant Gustin attends a panel for The CW television series "The Flash" during the Television Critics Association Cable Summer Press Tour in Beverly Hills, California July 18, 2014.
The Flash 2014 on The CW, 10 Things To Know Featuring Some 'Arrow Connections'
Here is a round-up of scoop and information from various entertainment reports:
10. The actor playing Barry Allen played a bad guy in the FOX comedy, "Glee." Grant Gustin's Sebastian Smythe is the lead singer of the Dalton Academy Warblers in Season 3.
9. Barry Allen appeared in two episodes in Arrow Season 2. In Episode 8 ("The Scientist"), he quickly establishes a connection with Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards). In Episode 9 ("Three Ghosts"), he gives Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) a new mask as a farewell present.
8. Oliver Queen, aka The Arrow of Starling City, will appear in the pilot episode of The Flash.
7. Rickards' Felicity would show up in Episode 4 of The Flash.
6. Fans will enjoy two crossover episodes featuring Arrow and The Flash. Each show's Episode 8 will have both Barry Allen and Oliver Queen.
5. John Wesley Shipp, who played The Flash in the 90s on CBS, is playing Henry Allen, Barry's father on The CW.
4. Robbie Amell, cousin of Stephen Amell and a lead actor in the cancelled series "The Tomorrow People," is playing the role of Ronnie Raymond. In DC Comics, Ronnie is one half of Firestorm.
3. The CW has posted "In A Flash Trailer" on YouTube. Watch the clip below, or follow this link. Tom Cavanagh, who plays Dr. Harrison Wells in The Flash, makes a significant presence in the trailer.
2. Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg, who developed "Arrow" together (with Marc Guggenheim), are joined by Geoff Johns in developing The Flash.
WATCH: The Flash Trailer | The CW on YouTube | 'Run, Barry, Run!'
1. The Flash premieres Oct. 7 on The CW. The Arrow Season 3 premiere air date falls on the next day.
Related TV Stories, Episode Guides and Spoilers
'Arrow' Season 3 Spoilers, Update: Harley Quinn Hopes Still Up, Cassidy Alexa Thanks Fans for their 'Kindness and Friendship' [Exclusive]
'Suits' Season 4, Episode 10: 'This is Rome' Review; Spoilers and Cliffhanger Questions [Watch Promo Video]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
Host 'subweb.ibtimes.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverSELECT latest_id FROM site_artdata WHERE type='ib_articles_day2ago' Host 'subweb.ibtimes.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverSELECT tid as num FROM biztimes_stats.stats_articles_au_pop WHERE maincat_id='19' AND outkey='Y' AND tid> ORDER BY hits DESC LIMIT 15Host 'subweb.ibtimes.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverSELECT article_id as num FROM ib_categories_index WHERE tid=19 ORDER BY article_id DESC LIMIT 5
Host 'subweb.ibtimes.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverSELECT latest_id FROM site_artdata WHERE type='ib_articles_day2ago' Host 'subweb.ibtimes.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverSELECT tid as num FROM biztimes_stats.stats_articles_au_pop WHERE (maincat_id='1' OR maincat_id='2' OR maincat_id='6' OR maincat_id='7' OR maincat_id='9' OR maincat_id='24') AND local_id='0' AND typology_id<'11' AND tid> AND outkey_all='Y' ORDER BY hits DESC LIMIT 17Host 'subweb.ibtimes.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverSELECT * FROM table_info WHERE table_name='ib_articles' LIMIT 1Host 'subweb.ibtimes.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverSELECT id as num FROM ib_articles ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 5