Chelsea FC Transfer News: Mourinho's Free-Transfer Ploy On Khedira Working, After Latter Refused To Pen New Real Madrid Deal
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 23, 2014 12:46 AM EST
A rumour of Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho trying to convince Real Madrid holding midfielder Sami Khedira to see out the remaining year of his contract at the Bernabeu and move to Stamford Bridge for free afterwards might have just been validated.
Real Madrid's Sami Khedira (L) and Toni Kroos attend a training session at Valdebebas training grounds, outside Madrid August 5, 2014.
Los Blancos boss Carlo Ancelloti revealed that the World Cup-winning 27-year-old refused to pen a new deal that would apparently serve as a sort of assurance for the Spanish giants that they would still be able to profit from him come next summer, should the former Stuttgart standout decide to pursue his career elsewhere.
"He's [Khedira] not asked to go. He's rejected an offer to renew, but has a year of contract. We'll see what happens," said Ancelloti.
The Germany international's market value has risen anew despite suffering a slight decline during the middle stretch of the 2013/14 season after he was kept on the sidelines for almost six months due to a knee injury.
The west Londoners are believed to have become wary of FIFA's Financial Fair Play scheme, with top clubs like Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain used as examples after they were ordered to pay millions worth of fine for violating the rule, and would like to invest on players wisely.
As it stands, the purchases of Diego Costa, Cesc Fabregas, and Filipe Luis cost the Blues £80million on the estimate, but these expenses are offset by the departures of Romelu Lukaku, David Luiz, and Demba Ba, which gave them a reported gain of almost the same figure.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows