Dallas Cowboys Have Worst Linebackers in History, Tony Romo To Miss Games Again – Gerry Fraley
By Lou Imperial | August 22, 2014 10:35 PM EST
The Dallas Cowboys should start looking for some talents elsewhere simply because they have an aweful set of linebackers, according to veteran NFL analyst Gerry Fraley during a panel discussion on SportsDay on Air on Thursday.
Fraley, who covered and wrote articles for the Cowboys for the past seasons, talked about a big issue the team should deal with before the start of the season - their listless linebacker corps.
The analyst believed the Cowboys need to evaluate available pass-rushing talents at the waiver wire, when teams made their final cuts next week. Fraley even grilled the Cowboys to the extent of considering retired LBs Tommy Nobis, Ray Nitschke and Myron Pottios as better options than their current set of linebackers.
"They [Cowboys] have the worst linebackers in history. You could dress out Myron Pottios, Ray Nitschke and Tommy Nobis and they'd play better than these guys. It's just awful. They better be looking at the waiver wire. I think cuts are mid-next week. They better start looking at some linebackers."
Meanwhile, Fraley also talked about the durability of Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo heading into the next season, and gave his predicted games the quarterback will be playing in the upcoming campaign.
"I'm stuck between 12-13 because he's going to get lit up at some point and miss a few games," Fraley said during a conversation with Dallas Morning news NFL analyst Kevin Sherrington and Fox Sports Southwest Ric Renner.
The 34-year old Romo covered 3,828 yards with 31 touchdowns last season. He had one of the best quarterback rating in the NFL with 96.7 percent, but a back injury kept him from playing an all-important game against the Philadelphia Eagles in the final game of the regular-season.
Romo is expected to play in the Cowboys' upcoming preseason game against the Miami Dolphins after being forced to sit down Wednesday's practice due to muscle cramps. Linebacker Rolando McClain was also back in practice Thursday, while Sterling Moore also hit the field due to a bothering groin injury.
However, the Cowboys still have a handful of players sidelined with injuries, including safety Johnny Thomas (hamstring), safety Matt Johnson (hamstring), offensive tackle Darrion Weems (shoulder), and cornerback B.W. Webb (hip). Linebacker DeVonte Holloman suffered a career-ending neck injury in a pre-season game against the Baltimore Ravens.
For more Dallas Cowboys update and news, read more at IBT Sports.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier