Top 10 Highest Paid Tennis Players
August 22, 2014 10:31 PM EST
Roger Federer tops the list of the top 10 highest paid tennis players from Forbes with around $140 million to his name from his court winnings and endorsements.
Roger Federer of Switzerland celebrates winning the fourth set against Novak Djokovic of Serbia during their men's singles finals tennis match on Centre Court at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships in London July 6, 2014.
Here is the list of the top 10 highest paid tennis players.
1. Roger Federer
Prize money: $6.5 million
Endorsements: $65 million
Total earnings: $71.5 million
Ranked world no. 3 Federer has endorsements including Wilson, Moet & Chandon, Credit Suisse, Nike and Rolex.
2. Maria Sharapova
Prize money: $6 million
Endorsements: $23 million
Total earnings: $29 million
Sharapova has endorsements such as Nike, Head and she recently launched her own candy line Sugarpova.
3. Novak Djokovic
Prize money: $12.9 million
Endorsements: $14 million
Total earnings: $26.9 million
Djokovic recently added Adidas as a sponsor with his clothing sponsor Uniqlo.
4. Rafael Nadal
Prize money: $5.4 million
Endorsements: $21 million
Total earnings: $26.4 million
Rafa's major sponsors include Nike, Babolat, Kia Motors and Bacardi. He also owns his own management company.
5. Serena Williams
Prize money: $8.5 million
Endorsements: $12 million
Total earnings: $20.5 million
The WTA's world no. 1 has endorsement deals with Wilson, Nike, OPI and Gatorade. She also holds equity deals with Sleep Sheets, HSN, Mission and the Miami Dolphins.
6. Li Na
Prize money: $3.2 million
Endorsements: $15 million
Total earnings: $18.2 million
Li shills for Nike, Babolat, Rolex, Mercedes, Samsung and multiple Chinese companies.
7. Victoria Azarenka
Prize money: $6.7 million
Endorsements: $9 million
Total earnings: $15.7 million
Azarenka's endorsement partners include Nike, American Express, Citizen Watch, Red Bull and Wilson.
8. Andy Murray
Prize money: $6.9 million
Endorsements: $8 million
Total earnings: $14.9 million
Murray's current partners include Adidas, Royal Bank of Scotland and Head.
9. Caroline Wozniacki
Prize money: $2.6 million
Endorsements: $11 million
Total earnings: $13.6 million
Wozniacki's sponsors including Yonex, Adidas, Rolex and Turkish Airlines.
10. Kei Nishikori
Prize money: $1.5 million
Endorsements: $9 million
Total earnings: $10.5 million
Japan's top player has Uniqlo, Adidas, Wilson and Tag Heuer as sponsors.
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks