Top 10 Highest Paid Tennis Players
August 22, 2014 10:31 PM EST
Roger Federer tops the list of the top 10 highest paid tennis players from Forbes with around $140 million to his name from his court winnings and endorsements.
Roger Federer of Switzerland celebrates winning the fourth set against Novak Djokovic of Serbia during their men's singles finals tennis match on Centre Court at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships in London July 6, 2014.
Here is the list of the top 10 highest paid tennis players.
1. Roger Federer
Prize money: $6.5 million
Endorsements: $65 million
Total earnings: $71.5 million
Ranked world no. 3 Federer has endorsements including Wilson, Moet & Chandon, Credit Suisse, Nike and Rolex.
2. Maria Sharapova
Prize money: $6 million
Endorsements: $23 million
Total earnings: $29 million
Sharapova has endorsements such as Nike, Head and she recently launched her own candy line Sugarpova.
3. Novak Djokovic
Prize money: $12.9 million
Endorsements: $14 million
Total earnings: $26.9 million
Djokovic recently added Adidas as a sponsor with his clothing sponsor Uniqlo.
4. Rafael Nadal
Prize money: $5.4 million
Endorsements: $21 million
Total earnings: $26.4 million
Rafa's major sponsors include Nike, Babolat, Kia Motors and Bacardi. He also owns his own management company.
5. Serena Williams
Prize money: $8.5 million
Endorsements: $12 million
Total earnings: $20.5 million
The WTA's world no. 1 has endorsement deals with Wilson, Nike, OPI and Gatorade. She also holds equity deals with Sleep Sheets, HSN, Mission and the Miami Dolphins.
6. Li Na
Prize money: $3.2 million
Endorsements: $15 million
Total earnings: $18.2 million
Li shills for Nike, Babolat, Rolex, Mercedes, Samsung and multiple Chinese companies.
7. Victoria Azarenka
Prize money: $6.7 million
Endorsements: $9 million
Total earnings: $15.7 million
Azarenka's endorsement partners include Nike, American Express, Citizen Watch, Red Bull and Wilson.
8. Andy Murray
Prize money: $6.9 million
Endorsements: $8 million
Total earnings: $14.9 million
Murray's current partners include Adidas, Royal Bank of Scotland and Head.
9. Caroline Wozniacki
Prize money: $2.6 million
Endorsements: $11 million
Total earnings: $13.6 million
Wozniacki's sponsors including Yonex, Adidas, Rolex and Turkish Airlines.
10. Kei Nishikori
Prize money: $1.5 million
Endorsements: $9 million
Total earnings: $10.5 million
Japan's top player has Uniqlo, Adidas, Wilson and Tag Heuer as sponsors.
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan