Top 10 Highest Paid Tennis Players
August 22, 2014 10:31 PM EST
Roger Federer tops the list of the top 10 highest paid tennis players from Forbes with around $140 million to his name from his court winnings and endorsements.
Roger Federer of Switzerland celebrates winning the fourth set against Novak Djokovic of Serbia during their men's singles finals tennis match on Centre Court at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships in London July 6, 2014.
Here is the list of the top 10 highest paid tennis players.
1. Roger Federer
Prize money: $6.5 million
Endorsements: $65 million
Total earnings: $71.5 million
Ranked world no. 3 Federer has endorsements including Wilson, Moet & Chandon, Credit Suisse, Nike and Rolex.
2. Maria Sharapova
Prize money: $6 million
Endorsements: $23 million
Total earnings: $29 million
Sharapova has endorsements such as Nike, Head and she recently launched her own candy line Sugarpova.
3. Novak Djokovic
Prize money: $12.9 million
Endorsements: $14 million
Total earnings: $26.9 million
Djokovic recently added Adidas as a sponsor with his clothing sponsor Uniqlo.
4. Rafael Nadal
Prize money: $5.4 million
Endorsements: $21 million
Total earnings: $26.4 million
Rafa's major sponsors include Nike, Babolat, Kia Motors and Bacardi. He also owns his own management company.
5. Serena Williams
Prize money: $8.5 million
Endorsements: $12 million
Total earnings: $20.5 million
The WTA's world no. 1 has endorsement deals with Wilson, Nike, OPI and Gatorade. She also holds equity deals with Sleep Sheets, HSN, Mission and the Miami Dolphins.
6. Li Na
Prize money: $3.2 million
Endorsements: $15 million
Total earnings: $18.2 million
Li shills for Nike, Babolat, Rolex, Mercedes, Samsung and multiple Chinese companies.
7. Victoria Azarenka
Prize money: $6.7 million
Endorsements: $9 million
Total earnings: $15.7 million
Azarenka's endorsement partners include Nike, American Express, Citizen Watch, Red Bull and Wilson.
8. Andy Murray
Prize money: $6.9 million
Endorsements: $8 million
Total earnings: $14.9 million
Murray's current partners include Adidas, Royal Bank of Scotland and Head.
9. Caroline Wozniacki
Prize money: $2.6 million
Endorsements: $11 million
Total earnings: $13.6 million
Wozniacki's sponsors including Yonex, Adidas, Rolex and Turkish Airlines.
10. Kei Nishikori
Prize money: $1.5 million
Endorsements: $9 million
Total earnings: $10.5 million
Japan's top player has Uniqlo, Adidas, Wilson and Tag Heuer as sponsors.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy