Top 10 Highest Paid Tennis Players
August 22, 2014 10:31 PM EST
Roger Federer tops the list of the top 10 highest paid tennis players from Forbes with around $140 million to his name from his court winnings and endorsements.
Roger Federer of Switzerland celebrates winning the fourth set against Novak Djokovic of Serbia during their men's singles finals tennis match on Centre Court at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships in London July 6, 2014.
Here is the list of the top 10 highest paid tennis players.
1. Roger Federer
Prize money: $6.5 million
Endorsements: $65 million
Total earnings: $71.5 million
Ranked world no. 3 Federer has endorsements including Wilson, Moet & Chandon, Credit Suisse, Nike and Rolex.
2. Maria Sharapova
Prize money: $6 million
Endorsements: $23 million
Total earnings: $29 million
Sharapova has endorsements such as Nike, Head and she recently launched her own candy line Sugarpova.
3. Novak Djokovic
Prize money: $12.9 million
Endorsements: $14 million
Total earnings: $26.9 million
Djokovic recently added Adidas as a sponsor with his clothing sponsor Uniqlo.
4. Rafael Nadal
Prize money: $5.4 million
Endorsements: $21 million
Total earnings: $26.4 million
Rafa's major sponsors include Nike, Babolat, Kia Motors and Bacardi. He also owns his own management company.
5. Serena Williams
Prize money: $8.5 million
Endorsements: $12 million
Total earnings: $20.5 million
The WTA's world no. 1 has endorsement deals with Wilson, Nike, OPI and Gatorade. She also holds equity deals with Sleep Sheets, HSN, Mission and the Miami Dolphins.
6. Li Na
Prize money: $3.2 million
Endorsements: $15 million
Total earnings: $18.2 million
Li shills for Nike, Babolat, Rolex, Mercedes, Samsung and multiple Chinese companies.
7. Victoria Azarenka
Prize money: $6.7 million
Endorsements: $9 million
Total earnings: $15.7 million
Azarenka's endorsement partners include Nike, American Express, Citizen Watch, Red Bull and Wilson.
8. Andy Murray
Prize money: $6.9 million
Endorsements: $8 million
Total earnings: $14.9 million
Murray's current partners include Adidas, Royal Bank of Scotland and Head.
9. Caroline Wozniacki
Prize money: $2.6 million
Endorsements: $11 million
Total earnings: $13.6 million
Wozniacki's sponsors including Yonex, Adidas, Rolex and Turkish Airlines.
10. Kei Nishikori
Prize money: $1.5 million
Endorsements: $9 million
Total earnings: $10.5 million
Japan's top player has Uniqlo, Adidas, Wilson and Tag Heuer as sponsors.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’