Transfer News: Good News for Man Utd As Di Maria Wants Out of Real Madrid, Reveals Manager
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 22, 2014 9:45 PM EST
Real Madrid's Angel Di Maria and Cristiano Ronaldo(top) attend a training session at Valdebebas training grounds, outside Madrid August 5, 2014.
The Argentina international winger has been heavily linked with a move to old Trafford in the past few weeks as Louis van Gaal looks to add quality to his squad.
He helped the Albiceleste reach the finals during this year's edition of the World Cup, while playing a key role in the Los Blancos Champions League-winning campaign.
"Di Maria asked to go in the summer and has rejected an offer from the club, The player has to look for a solution," said the 55-year-old Italian mentor.
However, Ancelloti pointed out that should a deal fail to materialise after period to move player closes, the former Benfica man will need to respect his contract with the Spanish giants.
"If when the transfer market closes he's still here, he will work with us like last season and there will be no problem,"he added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand