‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 22, 2014 8:55 PM EST
The curtain falls this Sunday night on one of the most popular HBO shows, the vampire drama series "True Blood." "Thank You" is the title of the final episode of Season 7. The episode is expected to tie-up all the narrative loose ends, including answer the question about Bill's mortality. HBO has released a sneak-peek video that features the conversation between Sookie and Reverend Daniels.
Cast member Stephen Moyer and his wife, and co-star, Anna Paquin pose at the premiere of the seventh and final season of the HBO television series "True Blood" in Hollywood, California June 17, 2014. The series debuts on June 22.
Sookie and Reverend Daniels are seen talking about the simpler times when they were unaware about the existence of vampires, werewolves, were-panthers, and shape-shifters. Sookies wants to know if God made us all, or some of us are mistakes. Rev. Daniels is surprised to know that Sookie is a fairy.
The fairy is probably asking the question because of Bill's imminent death. He has refused to get cured because he wants to see Sookie happy. The final episode will see Sookie pondering over her future, with Bill or without him.
Meanwhile, HBO executive has revealed why they are ending "True Blood." In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter [THR], Michael Lombardo, programming director of HBO, said that they had reached a point "where the storytelling was hitting a wall."
"And to stay just because the ratings were strong felt not who we are and we needed, quite honestly, the money and Sunday night space for new shows," Lombardo said. In the same interview, he claimed that the final season of "True Blood" is "one of the highest-rated shows across the board."
According to him, the show gets more than 10 million views per episode. He said to THR that the moment they feel they're continuing with the show just for the numbers, they question it.
"Every season we sit down with the creator and say 'Tell us what the next year will be like.' And if there aren't exciting, unbelievable, undeniable ideas in the coming season, we're questioning," Lombardo said to THR.
The final season is likely to see Arlene and Keith getting their happy ending and Jessica and Hoyt may, too. Jason and Bridget may set on the relationship path. The question is will Sookie find a miracle at the last moment and save Bill or accept that death is a miracle, too, and let go Bill. Also, the episode will see Eric and Pam planning something to tackle Mr Gus and his men.
Last week, there were spoiler reports that one of the original cast members will die in episode 9, which did not happen. Will an important character die in the final episode? Prior to the premiere of "True Blood" Season 7, there were reports that some of the fans' favourite characters are not going to survive the final season. The characters that have been killed till now, only Alcide can be called fans' favourite.
Who is likely to die in the final episode and open the floodgates?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon