‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 22, 2014 8:55 PM EST
The curtain falls this Sunday night on one of the most popular HBO shows, the vampire drama series "True Blood." "Thank You" is the title of the final episode of Season 7. The episode is expected to tie-up all the narrative loose ends, including answer the question about Bill's mortality. HBO has released a sneak-peek video that features the conversation between Sookie and Reverend Daniels.
Cast member Stephen Moyer and his wife, and co-star, Anna Paquin pose at the premiere of the seventh and final season of the HBO television series "True Blood" in Hollywood, California June 17, 2014. The series debuts on June 22.
Sookie and Reverend Daniels are seen talking about the simpler times when they were unaware about the existence of vampires, werewolves, were-panthers, and shape-shifters. Sookies wants to know if God made us all, or some of us are mistakes. Rev. Daniels is surprised to know that Sookie is a fairy.
The fairy is probably asking the question because of Bill's imminent death. He has refused to get cured because he wants to see Sookie happy. The final episode will see Sookie pondering over her future, with Bill or without him.
Meanwhile, HBO executive has revealed why they are ending "True Blood." In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter [THR], Michael Lombardo, programming director of HBO, said that they had reached a point "where the storytelling was hitting a wall."
"And to stay just because the ratings were strong felt not who we are and we needed, quite honestly, the money and Sunday night space for new shows," Lombardo said. In the same interview, he claimed that the final season of "True Blood" is "one of the highest-rated shows across the board."
According to him, the show gets more than 10 million views per episode. He said to THR that the moment they feel they're continuing with the show just for the numbers, they question it.
"Every season we sit down with the creator and say 'Tell us what the next year will be like.' And if there aren't exciting, unbelievable, undeniable ideas in the coming season, we're questioning," Lombardo said to THR.
The final season is likely to see Arlene and Keith getting their happy ending and Jessica and Hoyt may, too. Jason and Bridget may set on the relationship path. The question is will Sookie find a miracle at the last moment and save Bill or accept that death is a miracle, too, and let go Bill. Also, the episode will see Eric and Pam planning something to tackle Mr Gus and his men.
Last week, there were spoiler reports that one of the original cast members will die in episode 9, which did not happen. Will an important character die in the final episode? Prior to the premiere of "True Blood" Season 7, there were reports that some of the fans' favourite characters are not going to survive the final season. The characters that have been killed till now, only Alcide can be called fans' favourite.
Who is likely to die in the final episode and open the floodgates?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage