Chelsea FC Transfer News: AS Roma Forward Mattia Destro To Snub Blues, Reveals Agent
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 22, 2014 7:38 PM EST
AS Roma forward Mattia Destro will not be joining Chelsea amid the latter's interest, according to his agent, Renzo Contratto.
The 23-year-old took the level of his game to a notch higher last season after moving to the Stadio Olimpico in 2012.
Chelsea's manager Jose Mourinho smiles before their English Premier League soccer match against Burnley at Turf Moor in Burnley, northern England August 18, 2014.
He caught the eye of clubs around Europe after managing to more than double his output of 6 goals during his debut campaign in the with the Giallorossi in Serie A by finishing the 2013/14 term with 13, along with 2 assists.
"It's true that Chelsea are interested in Mattia," the Italy international's representative told Press Association Sport.
"Roma don't want to sell Mattia and Mattia prefers to remain at Roma."
Contratto was quick to debunk a circulating rumour involving a possible player-plus-cash deal that has Blues striker Fernando Torres as counterpart.
"But the reports regarding a swap deal have no foundation, it's all speculation," he added.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar