Chelsea FC Transfer News: AS Roma Forward Mattia Destro To Snub Blues, Reveals Agent
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 22, 2014 7:38 PM EST
AS Roma forward Mattia Destro will not be joining Chelsea amid the latter's interest, according to his agent, Renzo Contratto.
The 23-year-old took the level of his game to a notch higher last season after moving to the Stadio Olimpico in 2012.
Chelsea's manager Jose Mourinho smiles before their English Premier League soccer match against Burnley at Turf Moor in Burnley, northern England August 18, 2014.
He caught the eye of clubs around Europe after managing to more than double his output of 6 goals during his debut campaign in the with the Giallorossi in Serie A by finishing the 2013/14 term with 13, along with 2 assists.
"It's true that Chelsea are interested in Mattia," the Italy international's representative told Press Association Sport.
"Roma don't want to sell Mattia and Mattia prefers to remain at Roma."
Contratto was quick to debunk a circulating rumour involving a possible player-plus-cash deal that has Blues striker Fernando Torres as counterpart.
"But the reports regarding a swap deal have no foundation, it's all speculation," he added.
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- For Mayweather, The Prize Comes First, Not The Fans
- Serena Williams On Caroline Wozniacki’s Friendship:’I Have Had A Love For Caroline From The Day I Met Her’
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Signs Using Odom’s Surname; Source Reveals Khloe Still ‘Proud’ Of Being Called Mrs. Odom