Chelsea FC Transfer News: AS Roma Forward Mattia Destro To Snub Blues, Reveals Agent
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 22, 2014 7:38 PM EST
AS Roma forward Mattia Destro will not be joining Chelsea amid the latter's interest, according to his agent, Renzo Contratto.
The 23-year-old took the level of his game to a notch higher last season after moving to the Stadio Olimpico in 2012.
Chelsea's manager Jose Mourinho smiles before their English Premier League soccer match against Burnley at Turf Moor in Burnley, northern England August 18, 2014.
He caught the eye of clubs around Europe after managing to more than double his output of 6 goals during his debut campaign in the with the Giallorossi in Serie A by finishing the 2013/14 term with 13, along with 2 assists.
"It's true that Chelsea are interested in Mattia," the Italy international's representative told Press Association Sport.
"Roma don't want to sell Mattia and Mattia prefers to remain at Roma."
Contratto was quick to debunk a circulating rumour involving a possible player-plus-cash deal that has Blues striker Fernando Torres as counterpart.
"But the reports regarding a swap deal have no foundation, it's all speculation," he added.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate