HTC One Mini 2 vs. Nexus 5 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 22, 2014 6:52 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the HTC One Mini 2 or the Nexus 5, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display And Design
The HTC One Mini 2 comes with a 4.5-inch Super LCD2 capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1,280 pixels. The Nexus 5 comes with a 4.95-inch True HD IPS+ capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The Nexus 5 has a slight edge in this category with 445 ppi pixel display density compared to the 326 ppi pixel display density.
The HTC One Mini 2 measures 137.43 x 65.04 x 10.6 mm and weighs 137 grams. The Nexus 5 is slightly wider and thinner. The device measures 137.84 x 69.17 x 8.6 mm and weighs 130 grams.
Hardware And Operating System
The HTC One Mini 2 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a microSD card.
The Nexus 5 is equipped with a 2.3 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants and no microSD slot for additional memory.
Both devices run on the Android KitKat operating system. The HTC One Mini 2 has 1 GB of RAM and the Nexus 5 has 2 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, the Nexus 5 is the clear winner.
The HTC One Mini 2 sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP. The Nexus 5 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus, optical image stabilisation and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP.
The HTC One Mini 2 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 2110 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 16 hours and 10 minutes on 3G. The Nexus 5 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 2300 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 17 hours on 3G.
Price In Australia
The HTC One Mini 2 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $429.95. The Nexus 5 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $389.95 and the 32 GB variant is priced at around AU $429.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
OnePlus One vs. Motorola Moto X Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best