Chelsea Boss Jose Mourinho Responds To 'Ice Bucket Challenge' Nomination
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 22, 2014 6:11 PM EST
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho is one of the newest figures to take on the online craze - the ice bucket challenge.
The Portuguese "courageously" took on the task when Didier Drogba, no less, and Lebo Mohuba, called him out to participate.
Chelsea's manager Jose Mourinho smiles before their English Premier League soccer match against Burnley at Turf Moor in Burnley, northern England August 18, 2014.
Arsenal FC Transfer News: Mehdi Benatia and Alex Song in the Mix as Wenger Looks to 'Strengthen Defensive Department'
Transfer News: Alex Song a Possible Alternative Over Arturo Vidal for Man Utd, as Barca Reveals Imminent Exit
"I want to thank my (sic) friend Didier Drogba and Lebo Mohuba for the invitation," said the 51-year-old in a video posted on Youtube the west London outfits official account.
Meanwhile, he also took the opportunity to nominate his daughter Matilde, his "good friend" Bryan Adams, and James McAvoy to follow suit.
"I'm going to (sic) do for the ALS. And I want to invite my daughter, my good friend Bryan Adams, and my friend James McAvoy," he added.
The said challenge was made widely popular to raise funds for charity that caters to individuals with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), also known as Lou Gehrig's disease.
ALS is a neurodegenerative disease that, basically, affects a person's ability to control and/or initiate voluntary muscle movements, which causes the muscles to weaken and atrophy as the condition progresses.
There is still no known cure for ALS, although it can be managed through medication and therapy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’