'Doctor Who' Series 8 Episode 1 'Deep Breath' Spoilers Plus Where To Watch Premiere In Australia, UK And U.S. [Video]
By jaskiran kaur | August 22, 2014 5:19 PM EST
Fifty-year-old sci-fi series "Doctor Who" is returning to TV with its much-anticipated Series 8. The 12th doctor's first series premieres on Aug. 23, 2014 with an episode titled "Deep Breath." After giving a glimpse of Peter Capaldi's Time Lord in the Christmas Special episode "The Time of the Doctor," viewers will now get to see the much-talked about doctor in action. Here are few spoilers from "Doctor Who" Series 8 premiere (episode 1) "Deep Breath." Also find out where to watch the show on TV in your country. [Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
This article contains spoilers from "Doctor Who" Series 8 premiere (episode 1) "Deep Breath." Read at your own risk.
'Doctor Who' Series 8 Episode 1 'Deep Breath' Spoilers: Things To Know
Peter Capaldi makes his debut as the 12th Time Lord in the episode titled "Deep Breath," directed by Ben Wheatley and written by Steven Moffat. The premiere will feature Peter Capaldi and his companion Jenna Coleman as Clara Oswald.
The synopsis of "Deep Breath" released by BBC One states that Doctor Who's time travel adventure starts in Victorian London. When the 12th Time Lord arrives in the country, he finds a menacing dinosaur creating chaos in the Thames. To add to the problems, there is "a spate of deadly" and mysterious "combustions" in the city.
Peter Capaldi's Doctor Who and Clara undertake their first mission and get to the bottom of whatever is causing the problem. Their journey may take them "into the heart of an alien conspiracy."
"The Doctor has changed. It's time you knew him," the synopsis reads.
"Doctor Who" Series 8 episode 1 also stars Neve McIntosh as Madame Vastra, Catrin Stewart as Jenny Flint, Dan Starkey as Strax, Peter Ferdinando as Half-Face Man, Tony Way as Alf, Brian Miller as Barney and many more.
"Doctor Who" Series 8 premiere (episode 1) "Deep Breath" trailer (below) shows a terrifying tyrannosaurus creating havoc in the streets of London. It even gives a glimpse at Peter Capaldi's Doctor Who and Clara. There are T-Rex, Vastra leading Paternoster Gang into the carriage and lots of action sequences. Viewers even get a glimpse at the Tardis. Scroll down to watch the trailer as published on YouTube.com by Doctor Who TV.
Also, take a look at the pictures from episode 1 of the show by clicking HERE as published by Mirror UK.
'Doctor Who' Series 8: Where To Watch In Australia, U.S. And UK
Viewers in Australia can enjoy "Doctor Who" Series 8 on ABC 1. As for the viewers in the U.S. and the UK, they can watch the show on BBC America and BBC One, respectively.
"Doctor Who" Series 8 premiers with international simulcast and screening in cinemas. It consists of 12 episodes revolving around the adventures of Peter Capaldi's Doctor Who and his assistant Clara.
Video: Doctor Who Deep Breath TV Trailer BBC One
(Credit: YouTube/Doctor Who TV)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 15-19, 2014: Ava And Morgan Talk About The Baby
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Kim Kardashian-West Frantically Tries For Second Baby To Match Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Timeline
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List