Transfer News: Cristiano Ronaldo Wants To Keep Angel Di Maria at Bernabeu
By Mohammad Sohaib | August 22, 2014 5:12 PM EST
Cristiano Ronaldo wants Angel Di Maria to remain at Real Madrid for the season. Di Maria, who has been recently the subject of transfer rumours, is sought by both Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) and Manchester United. He was part of Madrid's Copa Del Rey last season, as well as demonstrated an exemplary World Cup performance for Argentina. Earlier reports show that the Argentinean midfielder had shared with Carlos Ancelloti, Madrid's manager, his intention of leaving the team. However, his preferred team, PSG, was unable to sign a deal with him due to budget restrictions brought about by their £50 million bid for David Luiz.
Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo catches Angel Di Maria off-guard during a training session, 17 March. Reuters
On the other hand, Di Maria is said to be reluctant to agree to a transfer to the decorated Premier League. Louis van Gaal had previously declared his hope for the star player to join Old Trafford. He even ranked Di Maria in the same level as that of the famed Ronaldo. Speculators believe that United will then make a record bid to sign Di Maria.
Despite these rumours, however, United still appears hesitant to actually make a move. Fans have criticised the inability of the United management to spend enough money on signing quality players. While Rojo's signing has been deemed to fill the need in the team's defense line, a seasoned campaigner is still needed to serve as a bridge between the young defense and the decorated forward line.
Ronaldo has been observed to have a dynamic chemistry with the Argentinean midfielder. With numerous assists and powerful moves, Di Maria has been long regarded as a first-team player at Real Madrid. Following the 1-1 draw at Bernabeu against Atletico Madrid, Ronaldo and Ramos have reportedly requested the president of Real Madrid to keep the star midfielder for the season. It appears that the need for Di Maria's talent remains even after the team's successful bids to sign Toni Kroos and James Rodriguez.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage