Transfer News: Cristiano Ronaldo Wants To Keep Angel Di Maria at Bernabeu
By Mohammad Sohaib | August 22, 2014 5:12 PM EST
Cristiano Ronaldo wants Angel Di Maria to remain at Real Madrid for the season. Di Maria, who has been recently the subject of transfer rumours, is sought by both Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) and Manchester United. He was part of Madrid's Copa Del Rey last season, as well as demonstrated an exemplary World Cup performance for Argentina. Earlier reports show that the Argentinean midfielder had shared with Carlos Ancelloti, Madrid's manager, his intention of leaving the team. However, his preferred team, PSG, was unable to sign a deal with him due to budget restrictions brought about by their £50 million bid for David Luiz.
Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo catches Angel Di Maria off-guard during a training session, 17 March. Reuters
On the other hand, Di Maria is said to be reluctant to agree to a transfer to the decorated Premier League. Louis van Gaal had previously declared his hope for the star player to join Old Trafford. He even ranked Di Maria in the same level as that of the famed Ronaldo. Speculators believe that United will then make a record bid to sign Di Maria.
Despite these rumours, however, United still appears hesitant to actually make a move. Fans have criticised the inability of the United management to spend enough money on signing quality players. While Rojo's signing has been deemed to fill the need in the team's defense line, a seasoned campaigner is still needed to serve as a bridge between the young defense and the decorated forward line.
Ronaldo has been observed to have a dynamic chemistry with the Argentinean midfielder. With numerous assists and powerful moves, Di Maria has been long regarded as a first-team player at Real Madrid. Following the 1-1 draw at Bernabeu against Atletico Madrid, Ronaldo and Ramos have reportedly requested the president of Real Madrid to keep the star midfielder for the season. It appears that the need for Di Maria's talent remains even after the team's successful bids to sign Toni Kroos and James Rodriguez.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family