Transfer News: Cristiano Ronaldo Wants To Keep Angel Di Maria at Bernabeu
By Mohammad Sohaib | August 22, 2014 5:12 PM EST
Cristiano Ronaldo wants Angel Di Maria to remain at Real Madrid for the season. Di Maria, who has been recently the subject of transfer rumours, is sought by both Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) and Manchester United. He was part of Madrid's Copa Del Rey last season, as well as demonstrated an exemplary World Cup performance for Argentina. Earlier reports show that the Argentinean midfielder had shared with Carlos Ancelloti, Madrid's manager, his intention of leaving the team. However, his preferred team, PSG, was unable to sign a deal with him due to budget restrictions brought about by their £50 million bid for David Luiz.
Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo catches Angel Di Maria off-guard during a training session, 17 March. Reuters
On the other hand, Di Maria is said to be reluctant to agree to a transfer to the decorated Premier League. Louis van Gaal had previously declared his hope for the star player to join Old Trafford. He even ranked Di Maria in the same level as that of the famed Ronaldo. Speculators believe that United will then make a record bid to sign Di Maria.
Despite these rumours, however, United still appears hesitant to actually make a move. Fans have criticised the inability of the United management to spend enough money on signing quality players. While Rojo's signing has been deemed to fill the need in the team's defense line, a seasoned campaigner is still needed to serve as a bridge between the young defense and the decorated forward line.
Ronaldo has been observed to have a dynamic chemistry with the Argentinean midfielder. With numerous assists and powerful moves, Di Maria has been long regarded as a first-team player at Real Madrid. Following the 1-1 draw at Bernabeu against Atletico Madrid, Ronaldo and Ramos have reportedly requested the president of Real Madrid to keep the star midfielder for the season. It appears that the need for Di Maria's talent remains even after the team's successful bids to sign Toni Kroos and James Rodriguez.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013