Transfer News: Cristiano Ronaldo Wants To Keep Angel Di Maria at Bernabeu
By Mohammad Sohaib | August 22, 2014 5:12 PM EST
Cristiano Ronaldo wants Angel Di Maria to remain at Real Madrid for the season. Di Maria, who has been recently the subject of transfer rumours, is sought by both Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) and Manchester United. He was part of Madrid's Copa Del Rey last season, as well as demonstrated an exemplary World Cup performance for Argentina. Earlier reports show that the Argentinean midfielder had shared with Carlos Ancelloti, Madrid's manager, his intention of leaving the team. However, his preferred team, PSG, was unable to sign a deal with him due to budget restrictions brought about by their £50 million bid for David Luiz.
Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo catches Angel Di Maria off-guard during a training session, 17 March. Reuters
On the other hand, Di Maria is said to be reluctant to agree to a transfer to the decorated Premier League. Louis van Gaal had previously declared his hope for the star player to join Old Trafford. He even ranked Di Maria in the same level as that of the famed Ronaldo. Speculators believe that United will then make a record bid to sign Di Maria.
Despite these rumours, however, United still appears hesitant to actually make a move. Fans have criticised the inability of the United management to spend enough money on signing quality players. While Rojo's signing has been deemed to fill the need in the team's defense line, a seasoned campaigner is still needed to serve as a bridge between the young defense and the decorated forward line.
Ronaldo has been observed to have a dynamic chemistry with the Argentinean midfielder. With numerous assists and powerful moves, Di Maria has been long regarded as a first-team player at Real Madrid. Following the 1-1 draw at Bernabeu against Atletico Madrid, Ronaldo and Ramos have reportedly requested the president of Real Madrid to keep the star midfielder for the season. It appears that the need for Di Maria's talent remains even after the team's successful bids to sign Toni Kroos and James Rodriguez.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Manny Pacquiao Calls Out On Floyd Mayweather Jr. Again After Unbeaten Boxer Mocks Him With His KO Video
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Marussia Formula One Team Keeps Its Promise To Injured Driver
- Phil Hughes No More: Australian Batsman Dies at 25
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast