iPhone 5 vs. LG G3 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 22, 2014 4:43 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the iPhone 5 or the LG G3, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A sales assistant holding Samsung Electronics' Galaxy 5 smartphone (L) and Apple Inc's iPhone 5 smartphone (R) poses for photographs at a store in Seoul July 16, 2014.
Display And Design
The iPhone 5 comes with a 4-inch LED-backlit IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 640 x 1,136 pixels. The LG G3 comes with a 5.5-inch True HD-IPS + LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 1,440 x 2,560 pixels. The G3 is the clear winner in this category with 534 ppi pixel display density compared to the 326 ppi pixel display density.
The iPhone 5 measures 123.8 x 58.6 x 7.6 mm and weighs 112 grams. The LG G3 is bigger, wider, thicker and comparatively heavier. The device measures 146.3 x 74.6 x 8.9 mm and weighs 149 grams.
Hardware And Operating System
The iPhone 5 is equipped with a 1.3 GHz dual core Swift processor and Apple A6 chipset. It comes in 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB internal memory variants and no microSD slot for additional memory.
The LG G3 is equipped with a 2.5 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8975AC Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a microSD card.
The iPhone 5 runs on the iOS 6 operating system, which can be upgraded to the iOS 7 version. The device has 1 GB of RAM. The LG G3 runs on the Android KitKat operating system. The device comes in 2 GB and 3 GB RAM variants. In terms of computing power, the G3 is the clear winner.
The iPhone 5 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.2 MP. The LG G3 sports a 13 MP primary camera with phase detection/laser autofocus, optical image stabilisation and dual LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.1 MP.
The iPhone 5 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 1440 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 8 hours on 3G. The LG G3 comes with a Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 21 hours on 3G.
Price In Australia
The iPhone 5 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $819.95. The LG G3 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $579.95 and the 32 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $649.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
OnePlus One vs. Motorola Moto X Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James