Adnan Januzaj Aims To Be The New Ryan Giggs For Manchester United
By Mohammad Sohaib | August 22, 2014 4:32 PM EST
The young Manchester United winger, Adnan Januzaj, is determined to fill the shoes of the team's highly acclaimed legend, Ryan Giggs. Januzaj, who was signed by United at a young age of 16, has been allotted the No.11 shirt. The Belgian winger has regarded this decision as an honour and vows to endeavour in meeting the expectations of the team and his fans.
Adnan Januzaj and Robin Van Persie will be under pressure to find goals for Manchester United. Reuters
Several managers have been quoted recognizing Januzaj as one of the players who will be enjoying a promising career at Old Trafford. His remarkable talent has been showcased in the previous season, wherein he was recognized as the 'Player of the Match' more than once. The recognitions he attained have made him an even more sought after player by the United management.
There has always been a debate on whether the number on the back of his shirt would add pressure to the 19-year-old athlete. Nobody has ever worn a shirt more frequently than the '11' worn by Ryan Giggs. After Januzaj's promising performance last season, the United management is said to be reluctant in moving a quality winger at Old Trafford to avoid interfering the development of their new No. 11 player. At 19, Januzaj has played in the World Cup finals for the Belgium International team. Therefore, he is regarded to have acquired sufficient exposure in competing at the highest level. His experience may then save United from suffering another embarrassing season. In an interview posted at the club's website, Januzaj said, "I have played games and I think there is more to come. I hope to win trophies at this club and be the best player."
Fortunately for Januzaj, his role model, Ryan Giggs, will remain with the club. Being granted the No. 11 shirt has been an admittedly proud moment for Januzaj, who confessed to have always dreamed of following the footsteps of Ryan Giggs. "It was a big honour for me and my family and I was very happy to have it given to me," the Belgian midfielder said, as reported by Mail Online. "There is pressure on me because there was a legend in front of me who had it for 20 years, but I am really happy with that," he added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft