Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
By nidhi tewari | August 22, 2014 3:15 PM EST
Kanye West's album "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" has been voted the Best Album of the Decade so far and the rapper has beaten Beyonce's self titled album and Drake's "Take Care" among others, to achieve this coveted title. Kanye's album was released in 2010.
Kanye West arrives at the CFDA Fashion awards at the Lincoln Center's Alice Tully Hall in New York City June 6, 2011.
"This is a list that ranks sustained musical greatness in the new decade, so Kanye West's name absolutely deserves to be at the #1 spot. ..West's decade-long imperial phase is every bit as impressive as those of Prince, Michael Jackson, and Stevie Wonder... except on the charts and on radio playlists," writes Pitchfork.com, which has come out with the list of Top 100 albums of the decade.
"My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy impresses with its impenetrable wholeness. Befitting a record that owes its creation to a mythical, Dream-Team recording process on a Hawaiian island, there's one way in and no guaranteed means of escape: unusually lengthy songs impervious to fast-forwarding are filled with guitar solos, extended outros, surprise guest verses, and French horns," the website adds further praising the album.
Kanye's achievement does not end here. "Sheezy," another of his album, also took number 8 spot on the list. The 37-year-old rapper has become the only artist to have two albums on the same list.
In other news, the daddy to North West is speculated to be working secretly with Sir Paul McCartney. Page Six is reporting citing some unknown "exclusive" sources. The Beatles legend and West are recording a couple of songs, which could soon turn into an album.
The two musicians are reportedly working on a controversial song called "Piss on my Grave," the website reveals. Kanye's new wife Kim Kardashian is also surprised at the choice of this controversial name of the song, says the website.
However, Kanye West and Sir Paul McCartney's representatives have not released any statement on the two musicians' rumoured collaboration. Kanye was also spotted at McCartney's show at LA's Dodger Stadium in the first week of August.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast