2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
By Cynthia Condez | August 22, 2014 2:05 PM EST
America's iconic muscle car Ford Mustang will be available in Australia next year, and it will be in a right-hand drive configuration, right off the factory floor. This will be a first - officially - since numerous 'Stang enthusiasts have had theirs configured for the "wrong side" of the road in the past.
"For the first time ever, a right-hand-drive Ford Mustang will roll off a Ford assembly line when global production begins," the company announced in a press release, posted in Auto Blog. "The addition of a right-hand-drive Mustang to Ford's lineup of global vehicles will allow the iconic pony car to be exported to more than 25 right-hand-drive markets around the world, including the United Kingdom, Australia and South Africa."
First presented in December of last year, the sixth generation Mustang will have three engine options. As revealed by another press release, there will be the standard 3.7-litre V6, which produces 300 horsepower and 280 pound-feet of torque; the new optional 2.3-litre EcoBoost turbocharging and direct injecting I4 which gives out 310 horsepower and 320 pound-feet of torque; and the monstrous 5.0-litre V8 which roars out 435 horsepower and a torque output of 400 pound-feet.
The 5.0-litre V8, according to the announcement, features larger intake and exhaust valves, revised intake and exhaust camshafts, stiffer valve springs, new cylinder head casting, among other improvements.
Furthermore, there's an option for either a manual gearbox for the conventional Mustang driving experience, or an automatic transmission. The SelectShift six-speed automatic comes with steering wheel-mounted shift paddles with rev-matching downshifts.
While further details have yet to be officially revealed in Ford's Australian website, it's certain that the 2015 Mustang will have technologically-advanced features, such as proximity sensors which allows the driver to unlock the door and rev up without taking their key out. SYNC with MyFord Touch, Ford's in-car communications system which features touchscreen and a voice-activated control system, will also be available for the first time in a Mustang.
And to get a real feel of how fast this muscle car can go, there's a top-down option, the Mustang convertible, as well as a range of new colors and wheel designs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast