Woman Posts Ad for Herself As 'Professional Bridesmaid' On Craigslist
By Usha Hari | August 22, 2014 2:00 PM EST
A woman from New York is so passionate about going to weddings that she decided to enlist herself as a professional bridesmaid--probably the first of its type in the world. Jen Glantz, 26, who excelled in her role as a bridesmaid in all her friends' weddings decided to do this role for strangers for a fee.
A bride and a groom arrive to take pictures ahead of their wedding as anti-government protesters march during a rally at a major business district in Bangkok December 19, 2013. Anti-government protesters marched in Bangkok on Thursday in a bid to force Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra from office but their numbers appeared far smaller than earlier in the month, when she called a snap election to try to defuse the crisis. REUTERS/Athit Perawongmetha
As a bridesmaid she helps in writing speeches, organizing your programs, getting the guests on to the dance floor and even lifting the bride's wedding gown train.
A good looking and single woman, Jen Glantz got smitten by the wedding fun that she decided to be a professional bridesmaid and to make a decent living out of it. Her advertisement in classifieds website craigslist, Jen was flooded with queries from prospective brides from all over the world including far away destinations like Turkey Vietnam and Australia.
'I always loved weddings and I love being a part of them. My favourite thing is watching the bride walk down the aisle. It is such a lovely moment and it is such a wonderful feeling to be part of that.' she told MailOnline.
Jen hopes to find a suitor in one of the weddings as she prepares herself for two all-expenses-paid weddings booked in September this year in New York.
However Jen admitted that more than the money involved she is anxiously looking to find a groom of her own, to hold the wedding bouquet and is thrilled at the possibility of bumping into an eligible bachelor in one of these wedding functions where she will be walking along the bride as her maid.
Some of the skills that she has listed out in the rather hilarious advert in New York Craiglist that has expired include the following:
1. I'll be holding up to the 18 layers of your dress, so that you can pee with ease on your wedding day.
2. Catching the bouquet and then following that moment up with my best Miss America-like "Omg, I cannot believe this" speech.
3. Doing the electric and the cha-cha slide.
4. Responding in a timely manner to pre-wedding email chains created by other bridesmaids and the Maid of Honor.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown