Ferguson Protest: Darren Wilson 'Terrified,' Battered By Mike Brown, Source Says
By Tanya Diente | August 22, 2014 12:34 PM EST
Amidst the ongoing Ferguson protest, a source has revealed helpful details surrounding the Michael Brown and Darren Wilson case. Various online sites have now gotten hold of the information that the police officer was actually a victim of physical abuse from the hands of Mike Brown.
Protestors at the St. Louis County Justice Center call for the arrest of Police Officer Darren Wilson in Clayton, Missouri August 20, 2014. Prosecuting attorney Bob McCulloch may present initial evidence to the grand jury today in the police shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri August 9.
An unnamed police source told Fox News that Wilson was "beaten very severely" by Michael Brown before the shooting. The cop's eye socket was reportedly fractured from the beating. He also endured some other severe facial injuries. Darren Wilson was said to have been beaten so badly he was nearly unconscious.
"The Assistant (Police) Chief took him to the hospital, his face all swollen on one side," the source, who has been described as someone "close to the department's top brass," said.
The source also revealed further details about the fight that resulted to Mike Brown's death. Officer Darren Wilson was reportedly called on another case in the neighborhood on Aug. 9, when the deceased and his friend, Dorian Johnson, were ordered by the cop to stop walking in the middle of the road because they were blocking traffic. However, the source claimed what started to be a simple routine stop swiftly escalated to physical violence.
The friends reportedly ignored Wilson's command which prompted the cop to get out of his car "to tell them to move."
"They shoved him right back in, that's when Michael Brown leans in and starts beating Officer Wilson in the head and the face," the source said.
Mike Brown and Darren Wilson reportedly struggled for the firearm inside the car. The source's account recalled the moment Brown walked away Wilson immediately drew his gun and told Brown to freeze. Then, the 6-foot 4-inch and 292-pound victim turned around and raised his hands. He reportedly taunted the cop saying, "What, you're going to shoot me?"
Wilson was reportedly prompted to fire at least six shots when Brown charged at him. One of the bullets fatally lodged into Brown's skull as revealed from his autopsy report.
However, Dorian Johnson claimed the police officer was the aggressor, according to Inquisitr. Unarmed, Mike Brown reportedly already had his hands up in surrender position when he was shot. But Johnson's credibility is said to be up for questioning since he already has a history of filing a false police report.
The source claimed there is "solid proof" that a struggle occurred that resulted to the gun going off. Although it's still uncertain who squeezed the trigger. However, all evidence gathered from the car will reportedly be presented to the jury, according to Inquisitr. These include the dashboard and body cameras that have been turned over to Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson.
Edward Magee, spokesman for St. Louis County Prosecutor Robert McCullough, told Fox News that every piece of evidence including witness statements will be presented to the grand jury. However, he would not divulge any information on the nature of the evidence nor talk about the case before the presentation.
According to the souce, the police officer is "traumatized" and fears for the life of his family. Additionally, he is said to be terrified that a grand jury will "make some kind of example out of him."
However, Darren Wilson reportedly has a clean slate when it comes to disciplinary infractions in all his six years of working with the Ferguson police department.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Pope Francis Blasted For Defying Catholic Doctrine, Marries 20 Couples Who Have Cohabited And Had Children In No Else But St Peter's Basilica