9 Killer Motorola Devices In The Offing - DROID Maxx, Moto X+1, Moto 360, Moto G, Moto S, Nexus (Shamu) And More
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 22, 2014 12:28 PM EST
Capitalising on the success of Moto series of phones, Motorola is planning to release a slew of terrific devices by the end of 2014. It is worth noting that, Samsung has also been releasing oodles of devices this year. The trend started with the Galaxy S5, Galaxy Tab S, Galaxy S5 Mini and Galaxy K Zoom leading the way. The phones waiting to be released from Samsung's den includes the metal-clad Galaxy Alpha and the much-awaited Galaxy Note 4. However, when it comes to Motorola a total of nine devices are lined up for release.
Attendees play a check-in game to win prizes by tapping their NFC-enabled Android smartphones at the Google I/O developers conference in San Francisco June 25, 2014.
The upcoming devices include 8 phones and 1 smartwatch. Starting with Moto G successor (aka Moto G2), Moto X+1, Moto X Play edition, Moto S, Nexus (also referred as Shamu), DROID, DROID Maxx, DROID Turbo and Moto 360 Smartwatch. None of the above devices have been officially announced by Motorola thus far. However, time to time, we have been seeing several leaks and rumours popping out from various sources across the globe. The company is expected to launch these devices in September, according to Phone Arena.
The same site opines that the release of these eight phones depends on the performance of the fellow devices. In case, the Moto X+1 handset's sales growth beats expectations, the DROID Turbo handset might be axed. In addition, out of Moto X Play edition and Moto S, only one of the handsets will hit the store shelves because of the similarities in the devices. However, the difference comes in the form of screen size. The Moto X Play is expected to come with 5.2-inch display, while the Moto S will feature a 5.9-inch screen. Hence, depending on the screen preference favoured at the time of release one of the aforementioned phones will be put to rest.
If this is not confusing enough, the Motorola Nexus device is expected to come with the same 5.9-inch screen boasted by the Moto S. Also, there is no information available to ascertain if these handsets will be exclusive to any particular carriers like Verizon, Sprint, among others.
If rumours are true, the DROID, DROID Turbo and DROID Maxx handsets could be offered under different monikers when released by AT&T. Furthermore, one of the aforementioned DROID handsets pertaining to Verizon might come with Star Wars promotion program upon release.
Therefore, out of the eight Motorola devices only six handsets will be released towards the year end. Not to forget, the killer Moto 360 smartwatch is also in the offing. The Moto 360 will feature a 1.5-inch backlit LCD display bundled with 320 x 290 pixels resolution. The gadget is made of stainless steel covering, plastic back complemented by a leather band and a metallic buckle. Other key features include Li-ion battery and Texas Instruments processor. The gear will be able to connect/pair with all the devices that run on Android 4.3 and higher, according to The Times Of India.
With many devices getting released or announced this September, potential buyers will be spoilt for choice. What do you think of these devices from Motorola? Is Motorola trying too hard? Feel free to leave a comment.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change