Top Reasons of a Blind Patriarch Runs 11,000 Miles
By Bindu Jacob | August 22, 2014 10:50 AM EST
David Kuhn is a 62-year-old retired patriarch running around the US to help his granddaughter Kylie who is suffering from cystic fibrosis. It is an autosomal recessive genetic disorder that mostly affects the lungs, pancreas, liver and intestine.
Best to use Spikes for fast Running
Below, you can follow the top reasons for his run.
1. He needs to support his 12 years old granddaughter. But his mission is not only for his granddaughter but for all who are suffering with the same illness. He started running last May and covering 20 miles each day.
2. He wants to support both foundation fighting blindness and for pediatric cancer research.
3. On the 75th day of his running mission, last Wednesday August 13, Kuhn reached Minnesota and added 20.16 miles for the total of 1,380.33 miles. As of Tuesday, August 19 he had raised $5,000. "I am running around the perimeter states of the United States, approximately 11,000 miles for my granddaughter who is having cystic fibrosis. She is 12 yearsold," Kuhn said.
4. Last may he set out the journey that he called "It's all I can do". He tells this as an effort to raise the money and create awareness to the public and to help people with illness having crippled lung disease.
5. The most highlight in his mission is when Kuhn was challenged by his own blindness. He said his one good eye is like peering through waxed paper. That is why he likes to run with the partner or like at a very least on high school tracks like at Champlin-Park High School.
6. He has no fear and he wants to live for his granddaughter moreover to extend her life to the maximum. Also he does this for the wellbeing of all individuals with cystic fibrosis. "That is my aim", he said.
7. Kuhn starts his run from Seattle and uses a runner's GPS watch to calculate his covered kilometers and to look forward to the kilometers he need to finish. He says his Garmin follows the track details of his miles and as far as the track that he keeps on focusing on the white lines.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manchester United News: Man Utd. vs QPR Preview
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date