Top Reasons of a Blind Patriarch Runs 11,000 Miles
By Bindu Jacob | August 22, 2014 10:50 AM EST
David Kuhn is a 62-year-old retired patriarch running around the US to help his granddaughter Kylie who is suffering from cystic fibrosis. It is an autosomal recessive genetic disorder that mostly affects the lungs, pancreas, liver and intestine.
Best to use Spikes for fast Running
Below, you can follow the top reasons for his run.
1. He needs to support his 12 years old granddaughter. But his mission is not only for his granddaughter but for all who are suffering with the same illness. He started running last May and covering 20 miles each day.
2. He wants to support both foundation fighting blindness and for pediatric cancer research.
3. On the 75th day of his running mission, last Wednesday August 13, Kuhn reached Minnesota and added 20.16 miles for the total of 1,380.33 miles. As of Tuesday, August 19 he had raised $5,000. "I am running around the perimeter states of the United States, approximately 11,000 miles for my granddaughter who is having cystic fibrosis. She is 12 yearsold," Kuhn said.
4. Last may he set out the journey that he called "It's all I can do". He tells this as an effort to raise the money and create awareness to the public and to help people with illness having crippled lung disease.
5. The most highlight in his mission is when Kuhn was challenged by his own blindness. He said his one good eye is like peering through waxed paper. That is why he likes to run with the partner or like at a very least on high school tracks like at Champlin-Park High School.
6. He has no fear and he wants to live for his granddaughter moreover to extend her life to the maximum. Also he does this for the wellbeing of all individuals with cystic fibrosis. "That is my aim", he said.
7. Kuhn starts his run from Seattle and uses a runner's GPS watch to calculate his covered kilometers and to look forward to the kilometers he need to finish. He says his Garmin follows the track details of his miles and as far as the track that he keeps on focusing on the white lines.
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Chelsea FC: Jose Mourinho Hits Back At Sergio Ramos For Questioning Costa And Fabregas Absence From NT, Says 'He is Not A Doctor'
- Liverpool FC: Brendan Rodgers Accedes That His Days As Reds Boss Could Be Numbered
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James