‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’: Premiere Date, Synopsis And First Teaser Released [VIDEO]
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 22, 2014 10:46 AM EST
"American Horror Story" Season 4, which is subtitled "Freak Show," is set to premiere on Oct. 08, 2014. This FX's horror anthology horror series returns with a new thrilling, dark story, which is set in the 1950s and features one of the last remaining freak shows in the U.S.
The season synopsis reveals that the new season is set in the year 1952, and the story of "Freak Show" opens in a "quiet, sleepy hamlet of Jupiter, Florida."
"A troupe of curiosities has just arrived to town, coinciding with the strange emergence of a dark entity that savagely threatens the lives of townsfolk and freaks alike," according to FX's released synopsis. "This is the story of the performers and their desperate journey of survival amidst the dying world of the American carny experience."
Jessica Lange is playing the role of Elsa Mars, a German ex-pat who is managing the freak show. The performers include Sarah Paulson. She is portraying the characters of conjoined twins with two heads -- Dot and Bette Tattler. Recently, Ryan Murphy, co-creator of the show, took to Twitter to announce that the world's smallest women, Jyoti Amge, will star in Season 4. She is likely to be one of the performers.
Kathy Bates is returning to play the character of Ethel Darling, the mother of Evan Peter's character, Jimmy Darling. Her character is also the ex-wife of Michael Chiklis' character, Wendell del Tolito. Emma Roberts is playing Maggie, while Gabourey Sidibe returns to play a more sophisticated character. Patti LaBelle is playing the role of mother to Sidibe's character. Angela Basset is called Desiree Dupree in the show and her character is married to Chiklis' character.
John Carroll Lynch is playing a scary antagonist, 'Twisty' the clown killer. Wes Bentley and Finn Wittrock will also star in the upcoming season.
The filming of "American Horror Story-Freak Show" is currently taking place in New Orleans. Tim Minear, executive producer of the show, has said that the new season is "Douglas Sirk meets 'Zodiac.'"
Meanwhile, FX also has released the teaser for the upcoming season. The teaser is called "Admit One":
[Youtube/TvShow News Previews]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists