Xbox One News: Possible 24-Hour Free Games, 5M Approved Units In China And Continuing Resolution Issues
By Gel Galang | August 22, 2014 10:36 AM EST
The PS4 is not the only console testing with a new lineup of features, as the Xbox One has been spotted with a possible addition to its Games with Gold offer.
A scene from the Xbox One "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" game is demonstrated during the Xbox E3 Media Briefing at the University of Southern California's Galen Center in Los Angeles, California June 9, 2014. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
Called "Free Play Day with Gold," the new service seems to be pointing to a possible free to download set of Xbox One titles that will be made available for a limited time.
According to Eurogamer, there are already participants in the beta run in the U.S., as one game, "Max: The Curse of Brotherhood" has been spotted as already unlocked for free download.
The same title has also been listed under the new possible service "Free Play Day with Gold," though Microsoft has yet to announce or even tease this new feature.
China's 5M Xbox One Units Approved
With the ban on videogames in China finally lifted, it seems that full support for the Xbox One is becoming apparent, starting with the five million Xbox One units already approved for sale in China.
PC World reports that Microsoft may be looking at a winning sweep in the territory, as the upcoming Sept. 23 launch of the Xbox One in China will mark the end of the more than a decade-long of no foreign game consoles in the country.
As far as the sales numbers are concerned, this may be the Xbox One's big break, and a potential opportunity for it to catch up to the PS4's numbers.
There is one issue with the Chinese version of the Xbox One, and it has something to do with the $200 extra cost that it has over the U.S. version, as it is slated to be sold for $600 USD or 3,699 yuan, according to the report.
'The Division' On Xbox One Has Jaggy Gameplay At 30FPS?
While the resolution gate between the PS4 and Xbox One has taken a rest or two after the explosion of game announcements considerably dwindled down, one more game has added to the rather jaggy impression on the Xbox One.
Gamepur reports that 'Tom Clancy's The Division" had been showcased at Gamescom for the title, even citing that Jackfrags, a known YouTube user and video creator as one of those who had also not been impressed by what had been shown off.
According to the report, while the feel of the game bordered on MMORPG, the resolution and look of the game on the Xbox One has also been targeted. For instance, there is a mention of "jaggies" despite the game running at 30FPS.
Jackfrags does mention that the game looks good, with the only dispute being that it was not the same quality as what was initially revealed.
One possible question would be if the same jaggies seen in distant objects are also present when "Tom Clancy's The Division" debuts on the PC and PS4.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’