Xbox One News: Possible 24-Hour Free Games, 5M Approved Units In China And Continuing Resolution Issues
By Gel Galang | August 22, 2014 10:36 AM EST
The PS4 is not the only console testing with a new lineup of features, as the Xbox One has been spotted with a possible addition to its Games with Gold offer.
A scene from the Xbox One "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" game is demonstrated during the Xbox E3 Media Briefing at the University of Southern California's Galen Center in Los Angeles, California June 9, 2014. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
Called "Free Play Day with Gold," the new service seems to be pointing to a possible free to download set of Xbox One titles that will be made available for a limited time.
According to Eurogamer, there are already participants in the beta run in the U.S., as one game, "Max: The Curse of Brotherhood" has been spotted as already unlocked for free download.
The same title has also been listed under the new possible service "Free Play Day with Gold," though Microsoft has yet to announce or even tease this new feature.
China's 5M Xbox One Units Approved
With the ban on videogames in China finally lifted, it seems that full support for the Xbox One is becoming apparent, starting with the five million Xbox One units already approved for sale in China.
PC World reports that Microsoft may be looking at a winning sweep in the territory, as the upcoming Sept. 23 launch of the Xbox One in China will mark the end of the more than a decade-long of no foreign game consoles in the country.
As far as the sales numbers are concerned, this may be the Xbox One's big break, and a potential opportunity for it to catch up to the PS4's numbers.
There is one issue with the Chinese version of the Xbox One, and it has something to do with the $200 extra cost that it has over the U.S. version, as it is slated to be sold for $600 USD or 3,699 yuan, according to the report.
'The Division' On Xbox One Has Jaggy Gameplay At 30FPS?
While the resolution gate between the PS4 and Xbox One has taken a rest or two after the explosion of game announcements considerably dwindled down, one more game has added to the rather jaggy impression on the Xbox One.
Gamepur reports that 'Tom Clancy's The Division" had been showcased at Gamescom for the title, even citing that Jackfrags, a known YouTube user and video creator as one of those who had also not been impressed by what had been shown off.
According to the report, while the feel of the game bordered on MMORPG, the resolution and look of the game on the Xbox One has also been targeted. For instance, there is a mention of "jaggies" despite the game running at 30FPS.
Jackfrags does mention that the game looks good, with the only dispute being that it was not the same quality as what was initially revealed.
One possible question would be if the same jaggies seen in distant objects are also present when "Tom Clancy's The Division" debuts on the PC and PS4.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- ‘Destiny’ New DLC For PlayStation And Xbox: Future Missions, Strikes And Raids Revealed
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build