Douglas Booth Challenges Onscreen Partner Emma Watson to ALS Ice Bucket Challenge [VIDEO]
By Diadem Pambid | August 22, 2014 10:16 AM EST
Douglas Booth is the latest celebrity to take part of the ice bucket challenge to raise awareness for ALS, Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. As part of the challenge, Booth has to keep the chain going by nominating friends for the cause. Of all the people on Booth's list, the actor nominated his onscreen partner in "Noah," Emma Watson.
Cast member Emma Watson arrives for the UK Premiere of "Noah" at Leicester Square in London, March 31, 2014.
Emma Watson and Douglas Booth shared quite the chemistry onscreen for the biblical adaptation of "Noah" directed by Darren Aronofsky. For the "Harry Potter" star, the love story between her character and that of Douglas' character is the "special kind."
"[Emma's character] falls in love with Shem, who is Noah's older son, and they form this very, sort of special love story. I think it's a very youthful, innocent, hopeful love story, which brings a kind of light to the eclectic chaos. So yeah, it's a really special love story," shared Watson to Parade.
This "special love story" could have progressed off screen into a special friendship. Months after the premiere of "Noah," Douglas still has open line of communication with Emma Watson. Much recently, Douglas even challenged his onscreen partner to the ALS Ice Bucket challenge.
Wearing a white shirt, Douglas Booth accepted the ice bucket challenge to raise awareness for ALS or Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Check out the video of Booth's challenge below. After taking on the challenge, the "Jupiter Ascending" star challenged Emma Watson on Twitter.
The challenge was made by Booth last Aug. 20 yet Watson still hasn't taken it on. For one, the actress turned UN Women's Goodwill ambassador is busy taking on other challenges with regards to women empowerment.
Early this month, the actress took to Twitter to slam a Turkish politician with regards to his comment that women should not laugh out loud. Watson posted a photo of her doubling down in laughter with the hash tag #direnkahkaha which literally translates to "resist and laugh off."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James