Roger Federer and Wife Mirka Take New Babies, Leo and Lenny, Out For A Stroll
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 22, 2014 10:09 AM EST
Fresh from his victory at the 2014 Western & Southern Open, Roger Federer takes a break and spends some quality time with his mother Lynette, wife Mirka, and new twin babies, Leo and Lenny. Roger and his family were recently spotted at Madison Avenue in New York City on Aug. 19.
Roger Federer's wife, Mirka Vavrinec, with their first twins, Myla Rose and Charlene Riva.
According to the Daily Mail, Roger and his family had a number of stops around the city and picked up some drinks along the way. The third-ranked Swiss athlete sported a three-quartered-sleeved navy blue shirt, light blue shorts, and a pair of nude suede shoes. Mirka also opted for a casual look in white top, floral leggings, and a pair slip-on shoe.
Roger's mom Lynette played the role of an adoring grandmother who pushed the three-month-old twins' double stroller, while the couple wandered about.
Roger and Mirka are parents to two sets of twins. On July 23, 2009, Mirka gave birth to identical twin girls, Myla Rose and Charlene Riva. Five years later, Roger and Mirka had another set of twins and this time, boys. The boys named Leo and Lennart (Lenny) were born on May 6, 2014.
Speaking to the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) official website, Roger revealed that he wasn't really feeling any pressure with the latest addition to their family. Having had raised twin girls before, Roger was feeling optimistic that they will be able to handle taking care of the new babies with their parenting skills. He said he was aware that it would require a lot of work and travelling with four kids while on tour, but he also knew that his beautiful and supportive homemaker would be good for the kids. Roger added that he will be around to help whenever he can.
"It's something I'm really going to look forward to, spending this quality time with them, as we travel the world and are in different countries and cities," Roger said.
Roger is set to play in the 2014 US Open where he is seeded second. The tournament will run from Aug. 25 to Sept. 8.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia