Roger Federer and Wife Mirka Take New Babies, Leo and Lenny, Out For A Stroll
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 22, 2014 10:09 AM EST
Fresh from his victory at the 2014 Western & Southern Open, Roger Federer takes a break and spends some quality time with his mother Lynette, wife Mirka, and new twin babies, Leo and Lenny. Roger and his family were recently spotted at Madison Avenue in New York City on Aug. 19.
Roger Federer's wife, Mirka Vavrinec, with their first twins, Myla Rose and Charlene Riva.
According to the Daily Mail, Roger and his family had a number of stops around the city and picked up some drinks along the way. The third-ranked Swiss athlete sported a three-quartered-sleeved navy blue shirt, light blue shorts, and a pair of nude suede shoes. Mirka also opted for a casual look in white top, floral leggings, and a pair slip-on shoe.
Roger's mom Lynette played the role of an adoring grandmother who pushed the three-month-old twins' double stroller, while the couple wandered about.
Roger and Mirka are parents to two sets of twins. On July 23, 2009, Mirka gave birth to identical twin girls, Myla Rose and Charlene Riva. Five years later, Roger and Mirka had another set of twins and this time, boys. The boys named Leo and Lennart (Lenny) were born on May 6, 2014.
Speaking to the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) official website, Roger revealed that he wasn't really feeling any pressure with the latest addition to their family. Having had raised twin girls before, Roger was feeling optimistic that they will be able to handle taking care of the new babies with their parenting skills. He said he was aware that it would require a lot of work and travelling with four kids while on tour, but he also knew that his beautiful and supportive homemaker would be good for the kids. Roger added that he will be around to help whenever he can.
"It's something I'm really going to look forward to, spending this quality time with them, as we travel the world and are in different countries and cities," Roger said.
Roger is set to play in the 2014 US Open where he is seeded second. The tournament will run from Aug. 25 to Sept. 8.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- Manchester United News: Man Utd. vs QPR Preview
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date