Roger Federer and Wife Mirka Take New Babies, Leo and Lenny, Out For A Stroll
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 22, 2014 10:09 AM EST
Fresh from his victory at the 2014 Western & Southern Open, Roger Federer takes a break and spends some quality time with his mother Lynette, wife Mirka, and new twin babies, Leo and Lenny. Roger and his family were recently spotted at Madison Avenue in New York City on Aug. 19.
Roger Federer's wife, Mirka Vavrinec, with their first twins, Myla Rose and Charlene Riva.
According to the Daily Mail, Roger and his family had a number of stops around the city and picked up some drinks along the way. The third-ranked Swiss athlete sported a three-quartered-sleeved navy blue shirt, light blue shorts, and a pair of nude suede shoes. Mirka also opted for a casual look in white top, floral leggings, and a pair slip-on shoe.
Roger's mom Lynette played the role of an adoring grandmother who pushed the three-month-old twins' double stroller, while the couple wandered about.
Roger and Mirka are parents to two sets of twins. On July 23, 2009, Mirka gave birth to identical twin girls, Myla Rose and Charlene Riva. Five years later, Roger and Mirka had another set of twins and this time, boys. The boys named Leo and Lennart (Lenny) were born on May 6, 2014.
Speaking to the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) official website, Roger revealed that he wasn't really feeling any pressure with the latest addition to their family. Having had raised twin girls before, Roger was feeling optimistic that they will be able to handle taking care of the new babies with their parenting skills. He said he was aware that it would require a lot of work and travelling with four kids while on tour, but he also knew that his beautiful and supportive homemaker would be good for the kids. Roger added that he will be around to help whenever he can.
"It's something I'm really going to look forward to, spending this quality time with them, as we travel the world and are in different countries and cities," Roger said.
Roger is set to play in the 2014 US Open where he is seeded second. The tournament will run from Aug. 25 to Sept. 8.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Manny Pacquiao Calls Out On Floyd Mayweather Jr. Again After Unbeaten Boxer Mocks Him With His KO Video
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Marussia Formula One Team Keeps Its Promise To Injured Driver
- Phil Hughes No More: Australian Batsman Dies at 25
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast