More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
By Precious Silva | August 22, 2014 9:45 AM EST
There has been confusion over the release of Google's Nexus 8 or Nexus 9. Fortunately, recent information suggests that Google Play has finally run out of Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 possibly in preparation for new releases. The device was also spotted on AnTuTu benchmark listing supporting its release soon.
Sundar Pichai, Google's senior vice president of Android, Chrome and Apps, speaks about wearables during his keynote address at the Google I/O developers conference in San Francisco June 25, 2014.
According to Android Headlines, once people check out Google Play Store, they will find that only the Nexus 5 is now available. The Nexus 7 and the Nexus 10 are out of stock. Often when stores run out of current models, it is in preparation for new stocks or new releases. This revives the idea of the Nexus 8 or Nexus 9 release.
Design and Trend also reports that a device named "Google Shamu" showed up in the benchmark listing. According to the benchmark listing, people can expect the following features from device: 5.2-inch Quad-HD display offering 1440x2560 pixels, quad-core Snapdragon 805 procssor clocked at 2.7GHz or exactly 2649MHz with 3GB RAM and Adreno 420 GPU. The primary camera will reportedly shoot at 13 megapixels while the real camera will shoot at 2.1 megapixels.
To further support the existence of the device, the same set of specs were also listed in the GFXBench results for a Motorola Shamu device. According to the results, the device posted 714 frames per second for its onscreen score. Google has been releasing devices within the September-December period. Last year, the Nexus 5 was released around October. The same is expected for the Nexus 6 along with the Nexus 8 or Nexus 9 device. However, some reports indicate that the Nexus 8/Nexus 9 device may not be entirely true as the Motorola Shamu may be part of Google's new Silver Android program. Google is also poised to release the Android L platform. Analysts expect the new mobile OS update to debut with the upcoming Nexus devices.
Google has not released any statement or announcements about the matter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build