iPhone 5C Sells for Less Than $1 in Walmart; Another Indicator of the iPhone 6 Release
By Vittorio Hernandez | August 22, 2014 9:24 AM EST
File photo of an employee showing off an Apple iPhone 5C at a Verizon store in Orem, Utah
Engadget reported on Thursday that Walmart's price tag for that model for the next 90 days is $0.98, while the 16GB model costs only $28. But it is not just the 5C that got discounted, but also the 5S, now down to $79 with a two-year contract at AT&T, Sprint, US Cellular and Verizon.
The price cut took effect on Thursday at 9 am. Walmart previously sold the 5C at $29 and the 5S at $99. It applies to all available colours of the two models.
The slash prices are viewed by tech observers as an indicator that the iPhone 6 would be released next month as speculated, although there is no confirmation yet from Cupertino. The two models were made available in September 2013, and before their roll out, retailers like Walmart, Target and Best Buy gave deep discounts to buyers of the iPhone 5.
Besides the price cut, another indicator that the iPhone 6 may soon be available in store shelves in the constant leaks on images in tech sites, featuring a 4.7-inch screen and a 5.5-inch display. Other speculated features of the iPhone 6 are the enhanced shooter and the reversible USB cable.
Below are five speculated feature of the upcoming Apple flagship
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Vivo Rumoured To Be Building World’s Thinnest Smartphone With 3.8 MM Thickness