iPhone 5C Sells for Less Than $1 in Walmart; Another Indicator of the iPhone 6 Release
By Vittorio Hernandez | August 22, 2014 9:24 AM EST
File photo of an employee showing off an Apple iPhone 5C at a Verizon store in Orem, Utah
Engadget reported on Thursday that Walmart's price tag for that model for the next 90 days is $0.98, while the 16GB model costs only $28. But it is not just the 5C that got discounted, but also the 5S, now down to $79 with a two-year contract at AT&T, Sprint, US Cellular and Verizon.
The price cut took effect on Thursday at 9 am. Walmart previously sold the 5C at $29 and the 5S at $99. It applies to all available colours of the two models.
The slash prices are viewed by tech observers as an indicator that the iPhone 6 would be released next month as speculated, although there is no confirmation yet from Cupertino. The two models were made available in September 2013, and before their roll out, retailers like Walmart, Target and Best Buy gave deep discounts to buyers of the iPhone 5.
Besides the price cut, another indicator that the iPhone 6 may soon be available in store shelves in the constant leaks on images in tech sites, featuring a 4.7-inch screen and a 5.5-inch display. Other speculated features of the iPhone 6 are the enhanced shooter and the reversible USB cable.
Below are five speculated feature of the upcoming Apple flagship
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around