Billy Crystal and Sara Bareilles to Honour Robin Williams at 2014 Emmy Awards Show
By nidhi tewari | August 22, 2014 9:04 AM EST
The tribute to late comedian Robin Williams at the 2014 Emmy Award will come from another equally talented comedian Billy Crystal, it has been revealed. The 66-year-old actor was a good friend of Williams and also worked with him in the 1997 movie titled "Father's Day." Crystal is yet to speak publically about his late friend Robin Williams' untimely death. On the day of Williams' death, the actor wrote "No words" on Twitter.
Robin Williams gestures during a panel discussion for his upcoming HBO show "Robin Williams: Weapons of Self-Destruction" at the Television Critics Association Cable summer press tour in Pasadena, July 30, 2009.
Crystal will commemorate Williams during the Emmy Awards show "In Memoriam" segment, which honors late actors who have left their mark in the history of television. "We felt we needed to do something powerful and memorable. Billy seemed like the perfect choice," said Emmy producer Don Mischer.
"We are working to give Robin Williams the proper and meaningful remembrance he so well deserves," revealed Mischer last week before coming up with this announcement on Wednesday morning.
Grammy Award winning singer Sara Bareilles will also be part of the special tribute to Williams and will handle the musical part of the segment. Bareilles recently dedicated her song "Hercules" to Robin Williams after his death. It is not clear what song will Bareilles dedicate to the late actor on the Emmy Awards night.
Williams was found dead in his Northern California home on Aug. 11 and it was later revealed that the actor took his own life. Though the case of his death is still under investigation, his friends, children and media have made several speculations as to why the actor might have taken his own life.
Rob Schneider, who was a long time friend of Williams, believes that the actor took his own life because of the side effects of a new medication he was taking to control the onset of Parkinson's disease.
"Now that we can talk about it #Robin Williams was on a drug treating the symptoms of Parkinson's. One of the side effects is suicide," tweeted Schneider.
In 2013, the "Mrs. Doubtfire" actor honored his friend and mentor Jonathan Winters during the tribute segment. The 66th annual prime-time Emmy Awards airs Aug 25 on NBC. Late night talk show host Seth Meyers will host the star-studded event.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 15, 2014: Liam Confronts Quinn About Her Secret Regarding Paris [WATCH VIDEO]
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- HTC ‘Double Exposure’ Event On October 8 Could Unveil HTC Eye With 5.2-inch FHD Display
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect