'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Spoilers, Based From Books: Jon Snow In Grave Danger, Cersei Demands for Trial By Combat
By Riza Ornos | August 22, 2014 9:02 AM EST
Based on George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series, "A Feast for Crow" and "A Dance with Dragons," HBO's "Game of Thrones" season 5 will feature Jon Snow (Kit Harrington) taking a bigger responsibility in defending The Wall. Meanwhile in Kings Landing, Cersie (Lena Heady) will be taking the role of her father, Tywin Lannister, after he was killed by Tyrion in the show's season 4 finale.
Cast member Peter Dinklage poses at the premiere for the third season of the television series "Game of Thrones" in Hollywood, California March 18, 2013. The third season debuts on HBO on March 31. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
The only one who his offered his help to defend The Wall from Wildling's attack, Stannis Baratheon offered Jon Snow to be the Lord of Winterfell as he needed some support from the North in taking over Kings Landing. "Jon, however, refuses to take the position and becomes the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch instead," reports Christian Post. "Snow gets into a political situation with his brothers in Winterfell and gets stabbed. His fate remains unclear."
Melisandre will have a big part in the upcoming season as she will make Jon's life miserable as the new Lord Commander. Now that Ygritte is dead, Jon will have a few flirty moments based on the books with the so-called Wildling Princess, the sister of Mance Ryder's wife. But there is no assurance that showrunners D.B. Weiss and David Benioff will have her in the show.
With the death of the King's Hand, Cersei will be calling the shots in behalf of her son King Tommen and will be making some terrible decisions in her efforts to get rid of Margaery Tyrell who is becoming close to the boy King. Promised to King Tommen, Margery will do everything she can to become the Queen after she almost had it when she married Joffrey.
"She accuses Margaery with having an affair but has no evidence, which in turn gets her accused of infidelity," added the website. "Unlike Margaery, Cersei is completely guilty and is ordered to shave her head and walk the streets naked. Besides the humiliating punishment, she is still ordered to stand trial where she demands a trial by combat."
The trial by combat will come in handy knowing that Cersei still has The Mountain in the finale of Season 4. In one of the show's epic battle, Gregor Clegane smashed the head of Oberyn Martel like a ripe papaya when he was trying to make him confess of his crimes against his sister.
"Game of Thrones" is scheduled to return on HBO in 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet