Gisele Bundchen Tops Forbes' Highest Paid Model List: Cara Delevingne, Karlie Kloss are New Entrants
By nidhi tewari | August 22, 2014 9:01 AM EST
Gisele Bundchen, the 34-years-old mother of two lovely children has been named as the world's highest paid model by a recent Forbes survey. The Brazilian supermodel took home an estimated US$47 million from her annual income and has topped the financial magazine's annual list for the eighth year in a row.
NFL football player Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of \"Charles James: Beyond Fashion\" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014.
Bundchen not only models for a bevy of products including H&M, Chanel, Carolina Herrera, Pantene hair products and Oral-B in Brazil but is also a successful businesswoman. The gorgeous model has a steady income from her foray into fashion clothing, designer shoes and even lingerie designing.
The 34-year-old wife of New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady beat her rival Dutch model Doutzen Kroes, 29, with a huge difference. Kroes earned US$8 million in annual income as compared to Bundchen's whopping US$47 million. Kroes earned same as another Brazilian Victoria's Secret angel Adriana Lima.
It is interesting to note that Gisele also made US$16 million more than her football player husband Brady, who took home $31.3 million in this past year. Together the power couple took home $78.3 in total earnings, Forbes is estimating.
"Bundchen, who boasts 2.7 million Instagram followers, has earned US$386 million from modelling since 2001," reveals the website after it calculated what the supermodel earned from cosmetics, endorsements, advertising and fragrance deals from June 2013 to June 2014.
Fourty year old Kate Moss also gave competition to her younger rivals by earning US$7 million in annual income. American model and Sports Illustrated magazine cover girl Kate Upton, 22, also secured her place among the top five highest paid models.
Forbes also added some newcomers to the list of the 21 highest paid models who earned a combined total of US$142 million. Victoria's Secret angels Cara Delevingne and Karlie Kloss are also among them.
Gisele recently took the now trending ALS ice bucket challenge and posted her video on Instagram. "My Uncle Milton and my dear friend Charlene's mom lost their fight to ALS. In their honour and all of the families that are affected by ALS, I'm donating money and also accepting the ice bucket challenge," Gisele captioned the picture, which can be seen here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance