Gisele Bundchen Tops Forbes' Highest Paid Model List: Cara Delevingne, Karlie Kloss are New Entrants
By nidhi tewari | August 22, 2014 9:01 AM EST
Gisele Bundchen, the 34-years-old mother of two lovely children has been named as the world's highest paid model by a recent Forbes survey. The Brazilian supermodel took home an estimated US$47 million from her annual income and has topped the financial magazine's annual list for the eighth year in a row.
NFL football player Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of \"Charles James: Beyond Fashion\" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014.
Bundchen not only models for a bevy of products including H&M, Chanel, Carolina Herrera, Pantene hair products and Oral-B in Brazil but is also a successful businesswoman. The gorgeous model has a steady income from her foray into fashion clothing, designer shoes and even lingerie designing.
The 34-year-old wife of New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady beat her rival Dutch model Doutzen Kroes, 29, with a huge difference. Kroes earned US$8 million in annual income as compared to Bundchen's whopping US$47 million. Kroes earned same as another Brazilian Victoria's Secret angel Adriana Lima.
It is interesting to note that Gisele also made US$16 million more than her football player husband Brady, who took home $31.3 million in this past year. Together the power couple took home $78.3 in total earnings, Forbes is estimating.
"Bundchen, who boasts 2.7 million Instagram followers, has earned US$386 million from modelling since 2001," reveals the website after it calculated what the supermodel earned from cosmetics, endorsements, advertising and fragrance deals from June 2013 to June 2014.
Fourty year old Kate Moss also gave competition to her younger rivals by earning US$7 million in annual income. American model and Sports Illustrated magazine cover girl Kate Upton, 22, also secured her place among the top five highest paid models.
Forbes also added some newcomers to the list of the 21 highest paid models who earned a combined total of US$142 million. Victoria's Secret angels Cara Delevingne and Karlie Kloss are also among them.
Gisele recently took the now trending ALS ice bucket challenge and posted her video on Instagram. "My Uncle Milton and my dear friend Charlene's mom lost their fight to ALS. In their honour and all of the families that are affected by ALS, I'm donating money and also accepting the ice bucket challenge," Gisele captioned the picture, which can be seen here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]