Gisele Bundchen Tops Forbes' Highest Paid Model List: Cara Delevingne, Karlie Kloss are New Entrants
By nidhi tewari | August 22, 2014 9:01 AM EST
Gisele Bundchen, the 34-years-old mother of two lovely children has been named as the world's highest paid model by a recent Forbes survey. The Brazilian supermodel took home an estimated US$47 million from her annual income and has topped the financial magazine's annual list for the eighth year in a row.
NFL football player Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of \"Charles James: Beyond Fashion\" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014.
Bundchen not only models for a bevy of products including H&M, Chanel, Carolina Herrera, Pantene hair products and Oral-B in Brazil but is also a successful businesswoman. The gorgeous model has a steady income from her foray into fashion clothing, designer shoes and even lingerie designing.
The 34-year-old wife of New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady beat her rival Dutch model Doutzen Kroes, 29, with a huge difference. Kroes earned US$8 million in annual income as compared to Bundchen's whopping US$47 million. Kroes earned same as another Brazilian Victoria's Secret angel Adriana Lima.
It is interesting to note that Gisele also made US$16 million more than her football player husband Brady, who took home $31.3 million in this past year. Together the power couple took home $78.3 in total earnings, Forbes is estimating.
"Bundchen, who boasts 2.7 million Instagram followers, has earned US$386 million from modelling since 2001," reveals the website after it calculated what the supermodel earned from cosmetics, endorsements, advertising and fragrance deals from June 2013 to June 2014.
Fourty year old Kate Moss also gave competition to her younger rivals by earning US$7 million in annual income. American model and Sports Illustrated magazine cover girl Kate Upton, 22, also secured her place among the top five highest paid models.
Forbes also added some newcomers to the list of the 21 highest paid models who earned a combined total of US$142 million. Victoria's Secret angels Cara Delevingne and Karlie Kloss are also among them.
Gisele recently took the now trending ALS ice bucket challenge and posted her video on Instagram. "My Uncle Milton and my dear friend Charlene's mom lost their fight to ALS. In their honour and all of the families that are affected by ALS, I'm donating money and also accepting the ice bucket challenge," Gisele captioned the picture, which can be seen here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy