Kourtney Kardashian Reveals Her Healthy and Organic Lifestyle, Talks About Pregnancy Cravings
By nidhi tewari | August 22, 2014 8:53 AM EST
Kourtney Kardashian is a firm believer in using organic food for her children's health and also tries to minimise her use of medicines when they fall ill, her new interview in Natural Health magazine has revealed. The 35-year-old looks flawless as the cover girl of the September/October 2014 issue of the magazine wearing an all white flowing dress.
Television personality Kourtney Kardashian arrives at the 2014 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
The mommy to two kids, Penelope and Mason, revealed to the magazine that she is quite strict about the food habits her kids follow at home but it doesn't mean that she would not let them enjoy outside food at all. "We definitely make exceptions, like if we're at Disneyland. But we eat organic when we can, and I try to keep healthy food and snacks at home, where I have the most rules and restrictions," reveals Kourtney to the magazine.
However, the eldest of the Kardashian sisters says that she was not raised to be a healthy kid. As a child, her snacks consisted of big bag of "chips and cookies" and she was not aware what the term "organic meat" meant until her first pregnancy. But after becoming a mommy and breast feeding her kids for more than a year, Kourtney is now a firm believer of healthy organic eating, yoga and even practices the science of Ayurveda for detox treatments and medicines.
"In our house, we do everything whole: whole milk and full-fat cheeses. And I use ghee and coconut oil for cooking. I turn to my Ayurvedic friends for health advice when it comes to my kids, too. If Mason or Penelope has a rash, I'll look into natural treatments first. But they have their pediatrician, and I'm not afraid to give them medicine if it gets to that point," revealed Kourtney to the magazine.
Kourtney, who is expecting her baby number three with long time partner Scott Disick, also tries to eat a healthy diet during her pregnancy. But the would-be-mommy says that it is also important to listen to your body's cravings during pregnancy. Her list of pregnancy cravings includes "Nilla Wafer cookies and cheese and pickle sandwiches."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Response Team Killed In Cold Blood By Angry Guinea Locales
- One-Year-Old Baby In Melbourne Hospital With Ebola-Like Symptoms
- Joe Manganiello Fitness Secret: Low Carb Paleo Diet and CrossFit Workout
- 'Desperate Housewives' Actress Polly Bergen Died; Suffered Complications From Emphysema
- Condoms Too Small For Uganda Men, Fight Against AIDS Hampered
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border