Kourtney Kardashian Reveals Her Healthy and Organic Lifestyle, Talks About Pregnancy Cravings
By nidhi tewari | August 22, 2014 8:53 AM EST
Kourtney Kardashian is a firm believer in using organic food for her children's health and also tries to minimise her use of medicines when they fall ill, her new interview in Natural Health magazine has revealed. The 35-year-old looks flawless as the cover girl of the September/October 2014 issue of the magazine wearing an all white flowing dress.
Television personality Kourtney Kardashian arrives at the 2014 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
The mommy to two kids, Penelope and Mason, revealed to the magazine that she is quite strict about the food habits her kids follow at home but it doesn't mean that she would not let them enjoy outside food at all. "We definitely make exceptions, like if we're at Disneyland. But we eat organic when we can, and I try to keep healthy food and snacks at home, where I have the most rules and restrictions," reveals Kourtney to the magazine.
However, the eldest of the Kardashian sisters says that she was not raised to be a healthy kid. As a child, her snacks consisted of big bag of "chips and cookies" and she was not aware what the term "organic meat" meant until her first pregnancy. But after becoming a mommy and breast feeding her kids for more than a year, Kourtney is now a firm believer of healthy organic eating, yoga and even practices the science of Ayurveda for detox treatments and medicines.
"In our house, we do everything whole: whole milk and full-fat cheeses. And I use ghee and coconut oil for cooking. I turn to my Ayurvedic friends for health advice when it comes to my kids, too. If Mason or Penelope has a rash, I'll look into natural treatments first. But they have their pediatrician, and I'm not afraid to give them medicine if it gets to that point," revealed Kourtney to the magazine.
Kourtney, who is expecting her baby number three with long time partner Scott Disick, also tries to eat a healthy diet during her pregnancy. But the would-be-mommy says that it is also important to listen to your body's cravings during pregnancy. Her list of pregnancy cravings includes "Nilla Wafer cookies and cheese and pickle sandwiches."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton: Duchess Of Cambridge's Beauty Secrets Revealed By Her Skin Specialist
- What Quinoa Is And Why It's Good For Weight Loss
- Home Flu Test Kit Available Soon
- Terminally-Ill Australian Mother Fights For Time With Premature Baby; Flooded With Donations
- 5 After-Workout Habits You Should Practice Religiously
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports