'X-Men Apocalypse' Cast Update: Nightcrawler Could Return, Plot May Not Create An Alternate Universe
By Sonalee singh | August 22, 2014 8:46 AM EST
"X-Men-Days of Future Past" stroked a jackpot, gaining more than $600 million worldwide. This has given rise to major expectations from the sequel titled "X-Men Apocalypse." The film is gaining much steam and the most recent reports suggest that the film could also feature Gambit and Nightcrawler, according to IGN reports.
Australian actor Hugh Jackman poses as he attends the "X-Men: Days of Future Past" world movie premiere in New York May 10, 2014.
"Apocalypse" is being directed by Bryan Singer and is written and produced by Simon Kinberg. What gave rise to the speculation of inclusion of Gambit and Nightcrawler is the fact that Singer suggested in one of his interviews that he is interested in bringing more mutants into the film.
"I'm excited because I want to start introducing familiar characters at different ages and also explore the '80s," said Singer in an interview to EW hinting that Gambit and Nightcrawler could just become a part of the film.
Nightcrawler was played by Alan Cumming and the character was seen in "X-Men 2." The character of Nightcrawler is based on the comic book that has the ability to teleport and has adhesive hands and feet. The character is based out of Germany and is not very social. He is supposed to be the son of Mystique.
Mystique is played by Jennifer Lawrence in the movie and with her presence in the movie it is quite possible that Nightcrawler can appear.
Meanwhile, in regards to the plot of "Apocalypse" very little is known. However, the end credits of "Days of Future Past" showed a mutant building a pyramid all by himself and this is being considered the focal point of the movie. It is also being speculated that the movie could be based on the 1990 comic book arc "Age of Apocalypse."
"The movie] won't necessarily create an alternate universe, but there may be some swapping things that I'm playing with," Singer confessed to EW in a recent interview, adding, "that [Days of Future Past] does is it sets up possibilities," said the director further, adding, "What we'll discover in Apocalypse is that events in this movie made that happen."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate