'X-Men Apocalypse' Cast Update: Nightcrawler Could Return, Plot May Not Create An Alternate Universe
By Sonalee singh | August 22, 2014 8:46 AM EST
"X-Men-Days of Future Past" stroked a jackpot, gaining more than $600 million worldwide. This has given rise to major expectations from the sequel titled "X-Men Apocalypse." The film is gaining much steam and the most recent reports suggest that the film could also feature Gambit and Nightcrawler, according to IGN reports.
Australian actor Hugh Jackman poses as he attends the "X-Men: Days of Future Past" world movie premiere in New York May 10, 2014.
"Apocalypse" is being directed by Bryan Singer and is written and produced by Simon Kinberg. What gave rise to the speculation of inclusion of Gambit and Nightcrawler is the fact that Singer suggested in one of his interviews that he is interested in bringing more mutants into the film.
"I'm excited because I want to start introducing familiar characters at different ages and also explore the '80s," said Singer in an interview to EW hinting that Gambit and Nightcrawler could just become a part of the film.
Nightcrawler was played by Alan Cumming and the character was seen in "X-Men 2." The character of Nightcrawler is based on the comic book that has the ability to teleport and has adhesive hands and feet. The character is based out of Germany and is not very social. He is supposed to be the son of Mystique.
Mystique is played by Jennifer Lawrence in the movie and with her presence in the movie it is quite possible that Nightcrawler can appear.
Meanwhile, in regards to the plot of "Apocalypse" very little is known. However, the end credits of "Days of Future Past" showed a mutant building a pyramid all by himself and this is being considered the focal point of the movie. It is also being speculated that the movie could be based on the 1990 comic book arc "Age of Apocalypse."
"The movie] won't necessarily create an alternate universe, but there may be some swapping things that I'm playing with," Singer confessed to EW in a recent interview, adding, "that [Days of Future Past] does is it sets up possibilities," said the director further, adding, "What we'll discover in Apocalypse is that events in this movie made that happen."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’