'X-Men Apocalypse' Cast Update: Nightcrawler Could Return, Plot May Not Create An Alternate Universe
By Sonalee singh | August 22, 2014 8:46 AM EST
"X-Men-Days of Future Past" stroked a jackpot, gaining more than $600 million worldwide. This has given rise to major expectations from the sequel titled "X-Men Apocalypse." The film is gaining much steam and the most recent reports suggest that the film could also feature Gambit and Nightcrawler, according to IGN reports.
Australian actor Hugh Jackman poses as he attends the "X-Men: Days of Future Past" world movie premiere in New York May 10, 2014.
"Apocalypse" is being directed by Bryan Singer and is written and produced by Simon Kinberg. What gave rise to the speculation of inclusion of Gambit and Nightcrawler is the fact that Singer suggested in one of his interviews that he is interested in bringing more mutants into the film.
"I'm excited because I want to start introducing familiar characters at different ages and also explore the '80s," said Singer in an interview to EW hinting that Gambit and Nightcrawler could just become a part of the film.
Nightcrawler was played by Alan Cumming and the character was seen in "X-Men 2." The character of Nightcrawler is based on the comic book that has the ability to teleport and has adhesive hands and feet. The character is based out of Germany and is not very social. He is supposed to be the son of Mystique.
Mystique is played by Jennifer Lawrence in the movie and with her presence in the movie it is quite possible that Nightcrawler can appear.
Meanwhile, in regards to the plot of "Apocalypse" very little is known. However, the end credits of "Days of Future Past" showed a mutant building a pyramid all by himself and this is being considered the focal point of the movie. It is also being speculated that the movie could be based on the 1990 comic book arc "Age of Apocalypse."
"The movie] won't necessarily create an alternate universe, but there may be some swapping things that I'm playing with," Singer confessed to EW in a recent interview, adding, "that [Days of Future Past] does is it sets up possibilities," said the director further, adding, "What we'll discover in Apocalypse is that events in this movie made that happen."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet