'X-Men Apocalypse' Cast Update: Nightcrawler Could Return, Plot May Not Create An Alternate Universe
By Sonalee singh | August 22, 2014 8:46 AM EST
"X-Men-Days of Future Past" stroked a jackpot, gaining more than $600 million worldwide. This has given rise to major expectations from the sequel titled "X-Men Apocalypse." The film is gaining much steam and the most recent reports suggest that the film could also feature Gambit and Nightcrawler, according to IGN reports.
Australian actor Hugh Jackman poses as he attends the "X-Men: Days of Future Past" world movie premiere in New York May 10, 2014.
"Apocalypse" is being directed by Bryan Singer and is written and produced by Simon Kinberg. What gave rise to the speculation of inclusion of Gambit and Nightcrawler is the fact that Singer suggested in one of his interviews that he is interested in bringing more mutants into the film.
"I'm excited because I want to start introducing familiar characters at different ages and also explore the '80s," said Singer in an interview to EW hinting that Gambit and Nightcrawler could just become a part of the film.
Nightcrawler was played by Alan Cumming and the character was seen in "X-Men 2." The character of Nightcrawler is based on the comic book that has the ability to teleport and has adhesive hands and feet. The character is based out of Germany and is not very social. He is supposed to be the son of Mystique.
Mystique is played by Jennifer Lawrence in the movie and with her presence in the movie it is quite possible that Nightcrawler can appear.
Meanwhile, in regards to the plot of "Apocalypse" very little is known. However, the end credits of "Days of Future Past" showed a mutant building a pyramid all by himself and this is being considered the focal point of the movie. It is also being speculated that the movie could be based on the 1990 comic book arc "Age of Apocalypse."
"The movie] won't necessarily create an alternate universe, but there may be some swapping things that I'm playing with," Singer confessed to EW in a recent interview, adding, "that [Days of Future Past] does is it sets up possibilities," said the director further, adding, "What we'll discover in Apocalypse is that events in this movie made that happen."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon