Khloe Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Fail To Take Kylie Jenner's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Nomination
By Christine Jane Caparras | August 22, 2014 8:41 AM EST
The ALS awareness ice bucket challenge has taken the world by storm and celebrities and even politicians have been taking part in the viral campaign in the past couple of weeks. Reality TV star Kylie Jenner took part in the challenge herself a few days ago but her nominations were a flop as sisters Kendall Jenner and Khloe Kardashian failed to complete the challenge in time.
Model Kendall Jenner and Kylie Jenner arrive at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada May 18, 2014. REUTERS/L.E. Baskow
Kylie Jenner went on social media site Instagram to post a video of herself as she poured an ice cold bucket of water over her head. The idea of the campaign is to have people throw a bucket of icy water on themselves and to keep the chain going by nominating three other people to do the same. Meanwhile, the participants are supposed to make a donation towards ALS research. The chain started with ordinary people donating various amounts according to their means but as celebrities got involved, the amounts got bigger and bigger. Several celebrities have donated tens of thousands of dollars to the cause.
Kendall was nominated by Shamari Maurice whom she thanked in the video. She had her mom Kris Jenner do the honour of pouring the water over her and Kris ended up getting herself wet as well. Kendall sported a skimpy pair of high-waisted daisy dukes paired with a grey sports bra in the video. She nominated Jordyn Woods and her sisters Kendall Jenner and Khloe Kardashian.
Kylie had posted her video on Aug 18 and as of Aug 21, neither Kendall nor Khloe had accepted the challenge. The idea is to keep the chain going and the donations pouring in by nominating other people to complete the challenge within 24 hours. While Kendall and Khloe are busy with other commitments, they might still eventually take up Kylie's challenge.
ALS or Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis is a neurological degenerative disease that affects a person's motor functions. Its symptoms include muscle atrophy resulting in a rapid weakness and inability to control one's limbs. As the disease progresses, the patient also loses the ability to speak, swallow and eventually becomes unable to breathe unaided.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family