Khloe Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Fail To Take Kylie Jenner's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Nomination
By Christine Jane Caparras | August 22, 2014 8:41 AM EST
The ALS awareness ice bucket challenge has taken the world by storm and celebrities and even politicians have been taking part in the viral campaign in the past couple of weeks. Reality TV star Kylie Jenner took part in the challenge herself a few days ago but her nominations were a flop as sisters Kendall Jenner and Khloe Kardashian failed to complete the challenge in time.
Model Kendall Jenner and Kylie Jenner arrive at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada May 18, 2014. REUTERS/L.E. Baskow
Kylie Jenner went on social media site Instagram to post a video of herself as she poured an ice cold bucket of water over her head. The idea of the campaign is to have people throw a bucket of icy water on themselves and to keep the chain going by nominating three other people to do the same. Meanwhile, the participants are supposed to make a donation towards ALS research. The chain started with ordinary people donating various amounts according to their means but as celebrities got involved, the amounts got bigger and bigger. Several celebrities have donated tens of thousands of dollars to the cause.
Kendall was nominated by Shamari Maurice whom she thanked in the video. She had her mom Kris Jenner do the honour of pouring the water over her and Kris ended up getting herself wet as well. Kendall sported a skimpy pair of high-waisted daisy dukes paired with a grey sports bra in the video. She nominated Jordyn Woods and her sisters Kendall Jenner and Khloe Kardashian.
Kylie had posted her video on Aug 18 and as of Aug 21, neither Kendall nor Khloe had accepted the challenge. The idea is to keep the chain going and the donations pouring in by nominating other people to complete the challenge within 24 hours. While Kendall and Khloe are busy with other commitments, they might still eventually take up Kylie's challenge.
ALS or Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis is a neurological degenerative disease that affects a person's motor functions. Its symptoms include muscle atrophy resulting in a rapid weakness and inability to control one's limbs. As the disease progresses, the patient also loses the ability to speak, swallow and eventually becomes unable to breathe unaided.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage