'Ant Man': S.H.I.E.L.D. Presence Hinted By New Cast, Scott Lang Look Revealed
By Tanya Diente | August 21, 2014 5:29 PM EST
Production for "Ant-Man" reportedly started with principal photography. Now, various online sites have gotten hold on a photo of what may be the first look of Paul Rudd in the movie.
Cast members Michael Douglas (L) and Paul Rudd pose at a press line for the movie "Ant-Man" during the 2014 Comic-Con International Convention in San Diego, California July 26, 2014.
The actor portrays the role of Scott Lang aka "Ant Man." From the photo USA Today graciously shared, viewers can see Paul Rudd dressed in what SlashFilm called a ratty outfit while he is standing next to the Golden Gate Bridge. Dressed in a hooded jacket and looking sullen while standing next to a battered van, USA Today adds the image suggests Lang still needs to do a lot of work to be in the level of the "Avengers." Rudd's character is an ex-con and a thief who finds a mentor in Hank Pym (Michael Douglas).
Filming for "Ant Man" reportedly started on Monday, Aug. 18, in San Francisco, California. Based on the movie's press release posted by SlashFilm, the movie is also expected to film some on-location scenes in its headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia.
Production also added four new casts to the movie. Movieweb reports "Mad Men" actor John Slattery, comedian Neil Hamburger (aka Gregg Turkington), Judy Greer and rapper T.I. were added to the ensemble.
John Slattery is believed to reprise his role from "Iron Man 2" as Howard Stark. He portrayed Tony Stark's father, founder of Stark Industries. Viewers may remember him as well in "Captain America: The First Avenger." He appeared in a video message to his son (portrayed by Dominic Cooper) from 1974.
The presence of Slattery in "Ant Man" reportedly hints some characters from Marvel's cinematic universe would make an appearance in the film. The movie is said to include a flashback where Pym meets up with S.H.I.E.L.D. members including Howard Stark.
Meanwhile, the latest addition, rapper T.I., is expected to star in a minor role in the movie, according to JoBlo. Writer Sean Wist claimed he's "willing to bet it'll be a smaller role" among the ensemble cast.
The rapper reportedly earned some acting stints in Ridley Scott's "American Gangsters" and also in "ATL." Other than that, he is known for contributing his musical prowess to various dance-themed movies.
"Ant Man" is slated for a U.S. release on July 17, 2015. It also stars Evangeline Lilly as Hank Pym's daughter, Hope Van Dyne, and Corey Stoll as Yellowjacket, among others.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2: Jessica Talks After Her Shocking Elimination
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes