'Ant Man': S.H.I.E.L.D. Presence Hinted By New Cast, Scott Lang Look Revealed
By Tanya Diente | August 21, 2014 5:29 PM EST
Production for "Ant-Man" reportedly started with principal photography. Now, various online sites have gotten hold on a photo of what may be the first look of Paul Rudd in the movie.
Cast members Michael Douglas (L) and Paul Rudd pose at a press line for the movie "Ant-Man" during the 2014 Comic-Con International Convention in San Diego, California July 26, 2014.
The actor portrays the role of Scott Lang aka "Ant Man." From the photo USA Today graciously shared, viewers can see Paul Rudd dressed in what SlashFilm called a ratty outfit while he is standing next to the Golden Gate Bridge. Dressed in a hooded jacket and looking sullen while standing next to a battered van, USA Today adds the image suggests Lang still needs to do a lot of work to be in the level of the "Avengers." Rudd's character is an ex-con and a thief who finds a mentor in Hank Pym (Michael Douglas).
Filming for "Ant Man" reportedly started on Monday, Aug. 18, in San Francisco, California. Based on the movie's press release posted by SlashFilm, the movie is also expected to film some on-location scenes in its headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia.
Production also added four new casts to the movie. Movieweb reports "Mad Men" actor John Slattery, comedian Neil Hamburger (aka Gregg Turkington), Judy Greer and rapper T.I. were added to the ensemble.
John Slattery is believed to reprise his role from "Iron Man 2" as Howard Stark. He portrayed Tony Stark's father, founder of Stark Industries. Viewers may remember him as well in "Captain America: The First Avenger." He appeared in a video message to his son (portrayed by Dominic Cooper) from 1974.
The presence of Slattery in "Ant Man" reportedly hints some characters from Marvel's cinematic universe would make an appearance in the film. The movie is said to include a flashback where Pym meets up with S.H.I.E.L.D. members including Howard Stark.
Meanwhile, the latest addition, rapper T.I., is expected to star in a minor role in the movie, according to JoBlo. Writer Sean Wist claimed he's "willing to bet it'll be a smaller role" among the ensemble cast.
The rapper reportedly earned some acting stints in Ridley Scott's "American Gangsters" and also in "ATL." Other than that, he is known for contributing his musical prowess to various dance-themed movies.
"Ant Man" is slated for a U.S. release on July 17, 2015. It also stars Evangeline Lilly as Hank Pym's daughter, Hope Van Dyne, and Corey Stoll as Yellowjacket, among others.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop