'Ant Man': S.H.I.E.L.D. Presence Hinted By New Cast, Scott Lang Look Revealed
By Tanya Diente | August 21, 2014 5:29 PM EST
Production for "Ant-Man" reportedly started with principal photography. Now, various online sites have gotten hold on a photo of what may be the first look of Paul Rudd in the movie.
Cast members Michael Douglas (L) and Paul Rudd pose at a press line for the movie "Ant-Man" during the 2014 Comic-Con International Convention in San Diego, California July 26, 2014.
The actor portrays the role of Scott Lang aka "Ant Man." From the photo USA Today graciously shared, viewers can see Paul Rudd dressed in what SlashFilm called a ratty outfit while he is standing next to the Golden Gate Bridge. Dressed in a hooded jacket and looking sullen while standing next to a battered van, USA Today adds the image suggests Lang still needs to do a lot of work to be in the level of the "Avengers." Rudd's character is an ex-con and a thief who finds a mentor in Hank Pym (Michael Douglas).
Filming for "Ant Man" reportedly started on Monday, Aug. 18, in San Francisco, California. Based on the movie's press release posted by SlashFilm, the movie is also expected to film some on-location scenes in its headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia.
Production also added four new casts to the movie. Movieweb reports "Mad Men" actor John Slattery, comedian Neil Hamburger (aka Gregg Turkington), Judy Greer and rapper T.I. were added to the ensemble.
John Slattery is believed to reprise his role from "Iron Man 2" as Howard Stark. He portrayed Tony Stark's father, founder of Stark Industries. Viewers may remember him as well in "Captain America: The First Avenger." He appeared in a video message to his son (portrayed by Dominic Cooper) from 1974.
The presence of Slattery in "Ant Man" reportedly hints some characters from Marvel's cinematic universe would make an appearance in the film. The movie is said to include a flashback where Pym meets up with S.H.I.E.L.D. members including Howard Stark.
Meanwhile, the latest addition, rapper T.I., is expected to star in a minor role in the movie, according to JoBlo. Writer Sean Wist claimed he's "willing to bet it'll be a smaller role" among the ensemble cast.
The rapper reportedly earned some acting stints in Ridley Scott's "American Gangsters" and also in "ATL." Other than that, he is known for contributing his musical prowess to various dance-themed movies.
"Ant Man" is slated for a U.S. release on July 17, 2015. It also stars Evangeline Lilly as Hank Pym's daughter, Hope Van Dyne, and Corey Stoll as Yellowjacket, among others.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports