Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One M8 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 21, 2014 3:15 PM EST
The HTC One M8 is comparatively more expensive. For readers who are considering the device and the Samsung Galaxy S4, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A Whatsapp App page is seen on Facebook on a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone in the central Bosnian town of Zenica, February 20, 2014. Facebook Inc will buy fast-growing mobile-messaging startup WhatsApp for $19 billion in cash and stock in a landmark deal that places the world's largest social network closer to the heart of mobile communications and may bring younger users into the fold.
Display And Design
The Samsung Galaxy S4 comes with a 5-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The HTC One M8 comes with a 5-inch Super LCD3 capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. Both devices are about the same in this category. Both devices also have 441 ppi pixel display density.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 measures 136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm and weighs 130 grams. The HTC One M8 is wider, wider, comparatively thicker and heavier. The device measures 146.36 x 70.6 x 9.4 mm and weighs 160 grams.
Hardware And Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy S4 is equipped with a 1.6 GHz quad core Cortex A15 and quad core 1.2 GHz Cortex A7 processor and Exynos 5 Octa 5410 chipset. It comes in 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a microSD card.
The HTC One M8 is equipped with a 2.5 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974AB Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. The HTC One M8 runs on the Android KitKat operating system. Both devices have 2 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, the One M8 is the clear winner.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The HTC One M8 sports a dual 4 MP primary camera with autofocus and dual LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 comes with a Li-Ion 2600 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 17 hours on 3G. The HTC One M8 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 2600 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 20 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy S4 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $449.95 and the HTC One M8 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $629.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
OnePlus One vs. Motorola Moto X Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop