Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One M8 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 21, 2014 3:15 PM EST
The HTC One M8 is comparatively more expensive. For readers who are considering the device and the Samsung Galaxy S4, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A Whatsapp App page is seen on Facebook on a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone in the central Bosnian town of Zenica, February 20, 2014. Facebook Inc will buy fast-growing mobile-messaging startup WhatsApp for $19 billion in cash and stock in a landmark deal that places the world's largest social network closer to the heart of mobile communications and may bring younger users into the fold.
Display And Design
The Samsung Galaxy S4 comes with a 5-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The HTC One M8 comes with a 5-inch Super LCD3 capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. Both devices are about the same in this category. Both devices also have 441 ppi pixel display density.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 measures 136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm and weighs 130 grams. The HTC One M8 is wider, wider, comparatively thicker and heavier. The device measures 146.36 x 70.6 x 9.4 mm and weighs 160 grams.
Hardware And Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy S4 is equipped with a 1.6 GHz quad core Cortex A15 and quad core 1.2 GHz Cortex A7 processor and Exynos 5 Octa 5410 chipset. It comes in 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a microSD card.
The HTC One M8 is equipped with a 2.5 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974AB Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. The HTC One M8 runs on the Android KitKat operating system. Both devices have 2 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, the One M8 is the clear winner.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The HTC One M8 sports a dual 4 MP primary camera with autofocus and dual LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 comes with a Li-Ion 2600 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 17 hours on 3G. The HTC One M8 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 2600 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 20 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy S4 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $449.95 and the HTC One M8 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $629.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
OnePlus One vs. Motorola Moto X Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- Sony Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact Gets Certified For 23.0.1.A.1.43, Xperia Z3 Dual For 23.0.F.1.82
- 'World Of Warcraft' 6.0.3 Patch Hotfixes Update Including Hallow's End And The Latest Resolved Issues Regarding The 'WoW' User Interface, Classes, Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Gets A New Trailer And Hidden Demo Missions
- Check Out The ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection’ Ranking, New Anniversary Trailer And Level Walkthroughs
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists