‘Arrow' Season 3: Ra's al Ghul Character Hints Resemblance to Batman's Nemesis
By Tanya Diente | August 21, 2014 3:10 PM EST
Season 3 of "Arrow" will return to the CW on Oct. 8. Ahead of its premiere various online sites have been upping fans' excitement with some probable details of the show's new characters and possible plot details. Recently, the character description of the villain Ra's al Ghul was revealed.
Cast members Stephen Amell (R) and Katie Cassidy attend a panel for "Arrow" during the CW television portion of the Television Critics Association summer press tour in Beverly Hills, California July 30, 2012.
Following the presence of Dark Archer in Season 1 and Deathstroke in Season 2, Comicbookmovie reports Ra's al Ghul is expected to wreak havoc in Season 3 of "Arrow." A detailed description of the latest villain was leaked on Reddit and has now made the rounds on the Internet. It was believed to be taken from a breakdown of what fans would see in Episode 4, entitled "The Magician."
Ra's al Ghul is described as someone probably around 40 to 50 years old. A DC iconic villain, he is also the leader of the League of Assassins. He is a martial arts master and believed to be the shaper of history. Described as "regal and mysterious of a bygone era" Ra's al Ghul is considered a merciless schemer and knows no forgiveness. He is also a proud villain. He is believed to carry the wisdom of the ages and is the protector of some of its greatest secrets.
According to the description, producers did not specify the ethnicity but an accent would be preferred.
The Reddit description further adds that Ra's al Ghul can be likened to Batman's nemesis in "The Dark Knight Rises." He is described as resembling the character of Bane, someone who is frightening, smart and "physically imposing."
Comicbookmovie reports "Arrow" will start off on its 50th episode when it returns. So there's a probability that a Bane version of Ra's al Ghul would be introduced to commemorate the new episode.
However, Screenrant adds Ra's al Ghul as Bane would only apply to the character's physical size. Quick glimpses of the villain from the Season 3 trailer of "Arrow" (video below) describe him as someone intimidating. But he is reportedly different from Batman's nemesis.
Season 3 of "Arrow" will return to its original timeslot at 8:00 p.m. on the CW Channel.
Source;YouTube/Warner Bros. TV
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage