‘Arrow' Season 3: Ra's al Ghul Character Hints Resemblance to Batman's Nemesis
By Tanya Diente | August 21, 2014 3:10 PM EST
Season 3 of "Arrow" will return to the CW on Oct. 8. Ahead of its premiere various online sites have been upping fans' excitement with some probable details of the show's new characters and possible plot details. Recently, the character description of the villain Ra's al Ghul was revealed.
Cast members Stephen Amell (R) and Katie Cassidy attend a panel for "Arrow" during the CW television portion of the Television Critics Association summer press tour in Beverly Hills, California July 30, 2012.
Following the presence of Dark Archer in Season 1 and Deathstroke in Season 2, Comicbookmovie reports Ra's al Ghul is expected to wreak havoc in Season 3 of "Arrow." A detailed description of the latest villain was leaked on Reddit and has now made the rounds on the Internet. It was believed to be taken from a breakdown of what fans would see in Episode 4, entitled "The Magician."
Ra's al Ghul is described as someone probably around 40 to 50 years old. A DC iconic villain, he is also the leader of the League of Assassins. He is a martial arts master and believed to be the shaper of history. Described as "regal and mysterious of a bygone era" Ra's al Ghul is considered a merciless schemer and knows no forgiveness. He is also a proud villain. He is believed to carry the wisdom of the ages and is the protector of some of its greatest secrets.
According to the description, producers did not specify the ethnicity but an accent would be preferred.
The Reddit description further adds that Ra's al Ghul can be likened to Batman's nemesis in "The Dark Knight Rises." He is described as resembling the character of Bane, someone who is frightening, smart and "physically imposing."
Comicbookmovie reports "Arrow" will start off on its 50th episode when it returns. So there's a probability that a Bane version of Ra's al Ghul would be introduced to commemorate the new episode.
However, Screenrant adds Ra's al Ghul as Bane would only apply to the character's physical size. Quick glimpses of the villain from the Season 3 trailer of "Arrow" (video below) describe him as someone intimidating. But he is reportedly different from Batman's nemesis.
Season 3 of "Arrow" will return to its original timeslot at 8:00 p.m. on the CW Channel.
Source;YouTube/Warner Bros. TV
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates