Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson Survive Temporary Separation – Report
By Anne Lu | August 21, 2014 3:04 PM EST
Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson almost split for good after a month of separation, according to a report.
According to In Touch Weekly, the Hollywood A-list couple, who have been married for 26 years, lived apart for a while. Rita was in their Pacific Palisades mansion, while the “Forrest Gump” star stayed at a producer friend’s Malibu Colony home before flying to Egypt to film “A Hologram for the King.”
Tom Hanks attends The Shakespeare Center of Los Angeles 23rd Annual Simply Shakespeare benefit reading of ''The Two Gentlemen of Verona'' in Santa Monica, California in this September 25, 2013, file photo.
“They hit a rough patch. They were leading separate lives,” a source told the magazine. “Although they attended social functions and walked their dog together, they were living in separate residences.”
What exactly split the couple is unclear. The source only claims that they “just weren’t seeing eye to eye.”
No divorce for this formidable couple, though.
“Tom and Rita are not just husband and wife, they are best friends. It will take a lot to split this couple up for good.”
The reps for the couple declined to comment to the magazine about the alleged separation.
Hanks, 58, and Wilson, 57, were married in 1988. They have two sons together, Chet Marlon and Truman Theodore. Hank also has a son, actor Colin Hanks, and a daughter, Elizabeth Ann, with his first wife Samantha Lewes.
Meanwhile, Hanks has created a free app that attempts to recreate the experience of using a manual typewriter on an iPad.
The Academy Award-winning actor, an avid collector of typewriters, developed Hanx Writer with creative agency Hitcents.
— Tom Hanks (@tomhanks) August 14, 2014
The app offers users the illusion of using a typewriter with an on-screen keyboard that looks and sounds like the mechanical machine.
It is a free app, although users can opt to purchase additional typewriter models, such as the Hanx 707 and the Hanx Golden Touch.
Since its debut on Friday, the Hanx Writer has received a 4.5-star rating on the App Store from a majority of 1,310 reviews.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage