Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson Survive Temporary Separation – Report
By Anne Lu | August 21, 2014 3:04 PM EST
Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson almost split for good after a month of separation, according to a report.
According to In Touch Weekly, the Hollywood A-list couple, who have been married for 26 years, lived apart for a while. Rita was in their Pacific Palisades mansion, while the “Forrest Gump” star stayed at a producer friend’s Malibu Colony home before flying to Egypt to film “A Hologram for the King.”
Tom Hanks attends The Shakespeare Center of Los Angeles 23rd Annual Simply Shakespeare benefit reading of ''The Two Gentlemen of Verona'' in Santa Monica, California in this September 25, 2013, file photo.
“They hit a rough patch. They were leading separate lives,” a source told the magazine. “Although they attended social functions and walked their dog together, they were living in separate residences.”
What exactly split the couple is unclear. The source only claims that they “just weren’t seeing eye to eye.”
No divorce for this formidable couple, though.
“Tom and Rita are not just husband and wife, they are best friends. It will take a lot to split this couple up for good.”
The reps for the couple declined to comment to the magazine about the alleged separation.
Hanks, 58, and Wilson, 57, were married in 1988. They have two sons together, Chet Marlon and Truman Theodore. Hank also has a son, actor Colin Hanks, and a daughter, Elizabeth Ann, with his first wife Samantha Lewes.
Meanwhile, Hanks has created a free app that attempts to recreate the experience of using a manual typewriter on an iPad.
The Academy Award-winning actor, an avid collector of typewriters, developed Hanx Writer with creative agency Hitcents.
— Tom Hanks (@tomhanks) August 14, 2014
The app offers users the illusion of using a typewriter with an on-screen keyboard that looks and sounds like the mechanical machine.
It is a free app, although users can opt to purchase additional typewriter models, such as the Hanx 707 and the Hanx Golden Touch.
Since its debut on Friday, the Hanx Writer has received a 4.5-star rating on the App Store from a majority of 1,310 reviews.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up